• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nice. Makes moving to VA that much more tempting despite all the purple in NoVA. Of course, I'd much rather move back to freedom in AL. All in good time.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Increasingly, I'm concerned that Virginia's following the same trajectory that Vermont did. I'm looking to move outta Maryland this year as well and've been considering NVa as an option. However, I worry that Maryland's Marxist regime's metastasizing into VA.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Same here. I could move and take my property taxes, income taxes, sales tax, and sanity with me and easily move to PA (or other options), where my wife and I have significant business interests and family, but I have stayed trying to make a difference because this is my "home." Yet with each and everyday that passes the motivation to move on increases. For once in my adult life I'd like to think I live in America.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    It just gets better. VA has not only rescinded their CCW reciprocity limitation but expanded the states they do recognize. Effective July 1, 2016. Alabama is one of the states they've added.

http://firearms.net/new-virginia-law-restores-and-expands-concealed-carry-reciprocity/

I thought I read that Virginia will accept ALL states that has a CCW as of July 1, 2016. So that would mean that IF I got a Maryland permit, then I can legally carry in Virginia.

I know that I can fill out a Virginia form, but that's not the point

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    correct. they will honor all states July 1st.

check to make sure reciprocal states will honor them between March 1 and July 1. There was some confusion on recognition dates based on the VA AG'S stupid decision to drop states.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Including non-resident?

Sorry... I just haven't had a chance to read much lately...

yup I am wondering the same....I have been researching it but have not been able to find a clear answer

you beat me to it but I was about to ask if after July 1 2016 a non resident Utah Permit will be recognize in VA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Another funny one WI honors the VA NR but not the resident permit because VSP does a NICS check for NR permits but only uses their database for residents.

here is some info from the VA page at handgunlaw.us

Attachments

• va.jpg
      va.jpg
      13.4 KB · Views: 824
    • va2.jpg
      va2.jpg
      62.9 KB · Views: 774

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads