New Sig P320 - anyone seen one in MD yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Just wondering if anyone has one seen these in MD yet? My local gunshops in the Whitemarsh area don't have them.
    Does anyone know when they might be available?
    Thanks.
    Best,
    Jim

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I think Duffy's posted they are submitting one to the hand gun roster board for approval at the September meeting, then it has to be published, and a 30 day wait period for objections. That will probably mean November before they can be transferred.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I think only the Compact 9, .357 Sig, and .40 was submitted an approved? I have searched high and low on the internet for a Full Size .45 and they apparently have not been released (and not submitted) yet.

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    I think Duffy's posted they are submitting one to the hand gun roster board for approval at the September meeting, then it has to be published, and a 30 day wait period for objections. That will probably mean November before they can be transferred.

Yes, they did submit one. I purchased it back in early August and had it shipped there. It passed through the roster board meeting, just waiting for the roster update before I can pick it up.

I think only the Compact 9, .357 Sig, and .40 was submitted an approved? I have searched high and low on the internet for a Full Size .45 and they apparently have not been released (and not submitted) yet.

Sig has not made a .45 P320 as of yet. The .45 and the sub-compact models are still "planned" releases.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    I've played with one. It's basically a P250 with a striker. The fire control group is serialized and, therefore, the regulated part. Like the P250, you can change the caliber, frame, grip if the parts are released. It has a pretty smooth trigger with a short reset. Other than that, it feels and points like the P250. I saw it in Florida for $675, MSRP is $713, I think.

Other than knowing what it is, I don't understand the specifics of the roster...does it matter which caliber is 'approved' since the FCG can be moved to a different frame/barrel etc?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I'm split between a 320 or an XD. The mag deal for the XD is swaying me.

If you are thinking XD spend a few extra bucks and go XDm - you won't be disappointed. I have one, and an XDs, but am still going to try the P320.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Fondled one at 2A this afternoon. Familiar Sig feel in the hand, fit and finish were excellent.

Price tag read just north of 5 bills. Very tempting.....

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    I haven't bought a gun in just over a year due to buying my first home. The P320 compact in 9mm looks like the perfect gun to get back on track.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I was honestly not that big a fan of the full size P320s we have at the shop. They just felt way too big, quite honestly it felt bigger than a Glock 21SF.

Now, the Sig rep was in the shop today and brought his FDE P320 Compact. I really liked that. A lot. Very comfortable size, and FDE slide/frame. We ordered some to mess around with a little more.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    photo_zps51d53849.jpg

Mmmmm...

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I'm all for supporting the IP's and local shops, but mine hasn't been able to track down a P320 Carry in 9mm for me to have on hand when it goes on the MSP approved list on Nov. 17, and I want one :)

For anyone else that is serious about a P320 Carry in 9mm (w/night sights), and who's local shop can't find one for them, you might want to check out woodburyoutfitters.com. They have 5 listed in stock for $489.99, no tax, plus $15.00 flat rate shipping. Note, however, that I confirmed it does not include a fired shell casing, so you would have to add that $ and the transfer fee on at this end. If you can find one local go for it, but if not the internet is a great resource to find what you want, and your favorite local shop still earns the transfer and shell casing fees.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I'm all for supporting the IP's and local shops, but mine hasn't been able to track down a P320 Carry in 9mm for me to have on hand when it goes on the MSP approved list on Nov. 17, and I want one :)

For anyone else that is serious about a P320 Carry in 9mm (w/night sights), and who's local shop can't find one for them, you might want to check out woodburyoutfitters.com. They have 5 listed in stock for $489.99, no tax, plus $15.00 flat rate shipping. Note, however, that I confirmed it does not include a fired shell casing, so you would have to add that $ and the transfer fee on at this end. If you can find one local go for it, but if not the internet is a great resource to find what you want, and your favorite local shop still earns the transfer and shell casing fees.

I was at 2A last week to check out the P320. They said they can order the carry model and it's priced at $509 plus tax. Right around $540 out the door after Nov.17th when it's added to the roster.

Buy online at $489, plus $15 and another $50 for the transfer puts you over $550 plus the cost of the fired casing.

Support the local guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom