• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RvFt1qpt7pb_sxrlWty50M8_38uTDCL4wwVWsfx2_wE/edit?usp=sharing

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...=01&pid=narrowsubjpage&tab=subject3&ys=2017RS

1. HB0006 Public Safety - Handgun Permits - Application Report

2. HB0052 Baltimore City School Police Force - Vehicles and Firearms - Report

3. HB0053 Sales and Use Tax - Exemption - Firearm Safety Devices

4. HB0059 Public Safety - Assault Weapons - Replacements

5. SB0016 Public Safety - Firearm Application

6. SB0023 Handgun Permits - Alternative Expiration Date - Private Detectives, Security Guards, and Special Police Officers

7. SB0160 Handgun Permits - Multijurisdictional Recognition

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Doesn't seem to be anything too damaging in there. But it is 6am and I just work up.

What do you think?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Doesn't seem to be anything too damaging in there. But it is 6am and I just work up.

What do you think?

We will se what happens later in the session. MPGV has a special event on Jan 30 (??) so we will see what pops up then, and after.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    More bills added.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...=01&pid=narrowsubjpage&tab=subject3&ys=2017RS

Campus ban, removal of a copy of the hql with a purchase app(I thought that passed last year?) and PBJ of a 2nd degree assault to be a prohibiting crime.

HB0159 Weapon-Free Higher Education Zones: hearing is 1/31 at 1:00pm
    How in the hell can a PBJ be prohibiting? The very nature of the word BEFORE in probation before judgement means that judgement has not officially been rendered. Only in MD...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    How in the hell can a PBJ be prohibiting? The very nature of the word BEFORE in probation before judgement means that judgement has not officially been rendered. Only in MD...

Might as well just ban people if they have ever been charged. What's the difference? This si where they are going.

Little do they know this has an impact on themselves. How many legislators have committed crimes?

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    And we have the old tired attempt to get self-defense written into the law as G&S.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&tab=subject3&id=sb0245&stab=01&ys=2017RS

I'm confused, should they not keep trying? Or just differently?

Well maybe he was getting at the self defense will never be accepted as a G&S cause so maybe the effort should change to remove G&S to your ineligible if...
    Just my interpretation tho.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    HB159:

HB0159:

I propose this. If you like it, do not copy word-for-word. If you don't like it edit to make it right.

Dear Honorable Legislators,

Following the news like I do, I notice the flagrant disregard for laws. Is there any reason besides drawing attention to institutes of higher education for the lawless, that prevents you from seeing how making this area free of firearms, is a sure-fire-way to make everyone a defenseless victim?

If I can suggest abandoning this lure for the criminals and take a 180° turn, allowing some random law-abiding persons to carry on campus, there by leaving those bent on destruction in doubt as to who is armed and may restrict them from harming innocent people.

In the future please think these things though to there logical conclusion to stay a step ahead of those among us who break the law.

Thank you,

Bikebreath

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    HB0159:

I propose this. If you like it, do not copy word-for-word. If you don't like it edit to make it right.

Following the news like I do, I notice the flagrant disregard for laws. Is there any reason besides drawing attention to institutes of higher education for the lawless, that prevents you from seeing how making this area free of firearms, is a sure-fire-way to make everyone a defenseless victim?

If I can suggest abandoning this lure for the criminals and take a 180° turn, allowing some random law-abiding persons to carry on campus, there by leaving those bent on destruction in doubt as to who is armed and may restrict them from harming innocent people.

In the future please think these things though to there logical conclusion to stay a step ahead of those among us who break the law.

Thank you,

Bikebreath

Remove among us from your letter. What group is defined by among us, you shouldn't associate the general populace or 2A community with the lawbreakers.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Our Lords in Annapolis will not be swayed by our letters.

They already know we don't want what they're forcing on us. That's why they're forcing it on us.

Writing a letter makes the letter writer feel good, but that's the extent of the letter's effectiveness.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Letters are worthless. Will generate rolling laughter and go straight into the shredder. The only thing that catches their attention is shining a spotlight that makes them look bad. The spotlight can take multiple forms: protests at the state house, protests in front of their district office, general news coverage, live interviews, transcribed interviews on popular websites, etc.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    HB0159:

Thank you,

Bikebreath

Also, the bolded should be "their," not "there."
    :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom