• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StoneAR

Jan 4, 2017
    Eastern Shore
    Just wondering if any gunsmiths in the Laurel, MD or Eastern Shore area would have time to build my new AR tomorrow? I have scoured these pages and called everybody and they are busy. 3 weeks is what I have heard from most places. I have been collecting pieces for this one for over 6 months and now that its all here i cant wait. Most pieces are top of the line and I dont feel like messing it up trying to save a couple dollars at this point. If you are available tomorrow or Saturday please let me know. If you arent a gunsmith but know someone who is available that would be great too. Thanks in advance.

Florida_11B

Jun 10, 2016
    StoneAR,

Why not just look on the tube and build it yourself. not only will you better appreciate it but you'll learn how it all works and its pretty straight forward. Provided you have all the necessary tools

StoneAR

Jan 4, 2017
    Eastern Shore
    Thanks for the replies,
    Cougar, I wasnt aware of that page. Truthfully at 31 years old this is the first forum I have ever been a part of, hell I am not even on any social media. I will make sure to head over there after this and introduce myself.

As far as building it goes assembling the upper is what has me worried. If i had bought a full upper I would have it assembled yesterday. Also it is Cerakoted JJ Eastern Front Green and I would like to see it not beat up once before I head out west to do some coyote hunting.

MPDC,
    Dont be so hard on yourself, if you have built 1 gun in your life you are much more qualified then me.

If your scared say your scared....I am scared, and impatient, thats why I am here looking for somebody.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    You have been holding the parts for 6 months and now you can't wait to have a smith build it? I know the feeling but smith's are craftsman and you don't want to rush or pester them. Do you want it done good or fast.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    You have been holding the parts for 6 months and now you can't wait to have a smith build it? I know the feeling but smith's are craftsman and you don't want to rush or pester them. Do you want it done good or fast.

He didn't say he's been holding the parts for six months - he said he's been collecting the parts for six months.

StoneAR

Jan 4, 2017
    Eastern Shore
    Magnumite,
    I have read a ton of your posts over the last few months, I am kind of a fan, and I completely get your point. I want it perfect and thats why I am not attempting it myself. The handuard is the part that has me doubting myself. If someone was going to work on my gun in the next couple days I would not want them to rush. I just hate having to wait 3 weeks to even have someone touch it. I appreciate all of your help, I think I am going to put the lower together tonight, then take my upper back to the wonderful county of Prince George while I work tomorrow and make a shop out there an offer they cant refuse.

Clutchy, I used to give some buisness to Scotts, one day I came in dressed in my work clothes (Either thong and pasties or buisness casual you can guess which one) and he was pretty rude. I guess when I dressed like a douche he had to treat me like one. It was pretty apparent that he did not recognize me and I havent been back. I dont plan on it either, I appreciate everyone who walks into my work to spend their money and I dont own the company.

Thanks everyone, check out my profile pic tomorrow, I am pretty optomistic it will be done.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Thanks for the replies,
    Cougar, I wasnt aware of that page. Truthfully at 31 years old this is the first forum I have ever been a part of, hell I am not even on any social media. I will make sure to head over there after this and introduce myself.

As far as building it goes assembling the upper is what has me worried. If i had bought a full upper I would have it assembled yesterday. Also it is Cerakoted JJ Eastern Front Green and I would like to see it not beat up once before I head out west to do some coyote hunting.

MPDC,
    Dont be so hard on yourself, if you have built 1 gun in your life you are much more qualified then me.

If your scared say your scared....I am scared, and impatient, thats why I am here looking for somebody.

I commend you for knowing your limitations.

AR15s aren't erector sets. Too many think they are. Then they wonder why their new toy won't function properly.

Take the time to find a gunsmith who can build it properly for you. There are several on here. Your impatience may need to be set aside though.

Good luck with your search.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    He didn't say he's been holding the parts for six months - he said he's been collecting the parts for six months.

Yep, correct. My bad on the hold time.

StoneAR, glad you did not take the comment as being course. Just thinking all that time and maybe a rush induced boo-boo occurs. Good luck with gittin'er done. BTW, nice play on the username.

StoneAR

Jan 4, 2017
    Eastern Shore
    One thing I have learned is the power of the written word. The most direct to the point comments always come off harsh. No worries. I am going to give the Gun Connection a call tomorrow, just looked them up and there are alot of good reviews.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Take a class with Chad, "Clandestine" here on MDS....google School of the American Rifle....it will be better than factory and you do it under precision guidance

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Take a class with Chad, "Clandestine" here on MDS....google School of the American Rifle....it will be better than factory and you do it under precision guidance

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=170022&highlight=sotar

Sign up and learn from an expert. He's a good guy. Not to mention the fact that you will meet some great people that know the platform in the class.

Maybe not for this rifle, but the next or just to take this one in, break it down and re-build it. The SOTAR classes are worth 10 fold in knowledge what any video provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom