Looking for recommendations on pistol scope.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’m picking up a Ruger Mark IV next weekend and wondering if anyone else has one and also uses a scope or optic.

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I’m picking up a Ruger Mark IV next weekend and wondering if anyone else has one and also uses a scope or optic.

Not exactly the same thing gun-wise, but I shoot a 4x Bushnell Elite on my Taurus 454 Casull Taging Bull. My advice is if you haven’t shot a pistol with an actual reticle type scope, try several types before buying and practice like crazy when you get one. It’s very hard at times (at least for me it is) to get a full & proper sight picture with a handgun scope. Very slight head/eye movement and you get shading, half-mooning, etc... Again, at least for me it was/is. During range sessions, I get better at it, but if I don’t shoot it for a while though, I have to re-learn it a little. Red dots are way easier to use IMHO, so try both to see what you prefer, if you don’t already know that is.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Ultradot for precision. C-more for speed. These are both about $250. Definately worth it.

Burris Fastfire II is a good midrange at about $150

TRS 25 is a great budget starter. Can be found for less than $50.

I have all these set ups but the C-more with a 90 degree mount is my favorite

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    The only pistol scope I have is a Leupold and that's on a 500 S&W. The only scopes I own are Leupold's and Zeiss. As for red dots - which are not exactly scopes - I have Aimpoints, Sigs & Bushnells. The Aimpoints go on high end rifles. The sigs and Bushnells on the .22's. That's the approach I would recommend.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I am assuming that is a Mk IV pistol. I have an original Simmons red dot on my Mk II Ruger bullseye pistol. I believe it is similar to subsequent Millett dots (cost $135 years back, late 1990’s IIRC). Dot is okay, typical of most dot sights. I did consistently shoot master class practice scores with it.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Great choice. You'll love it

Just arrived today and the USPS person left it in front of my garage door and I didn’t even notice it until taking out the trash. But like a kid on Christmas I had to go downstairs and mount it right up.

b7e09980d50a13893e07f44286f5d5f9.jpg

Balance Feels great in my hand. Can’t wait to try it out.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    I have a Trijicon RMR in the classifieds right now, which is the most popular option for mounting on defensive pistols (as opposed to target pistols).

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just arrived today and the USPS person left it in front of my garage door and I didn’t even notice it until taking out the trash. But like a kid on Christmas I had to go downstairs and mount it right up.

b7e09980d50a13893e07f44286f5d5f9.jpg

Balance Feels great in my hand. Can’t wait to try it out.

NICE!! :thumbsup: We expect a full range report!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom