• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    The best deal I ever found was CRKT S-2 titanium knives (ATS-34 blades)(large, plain) for $25, including shipping. I bought ten of them and kicked myself for not ordering more. My brother also ordered a bunch. Also got some Spyderco Natives (S30V) for $28 and picked up a few of those.

About three years ago I found two Spyderco Enduras (black, VG-10) for $65. I thought it was a misprint, but when I got them the boxes were shredded with price tags holding them together. The knives were perfect, though. I put one on my belt and it's been there ever since. I put the other in the Ruger zip-up bag that came with my break-apart 10/22 rifle and there it remains. Love the one I use. Holds a great edge!

The CRKT S-2 is still my favorite knife, though. “Poor-man's Sebenza" they call them. It's one of the best folding knives I've ever owned, though I really take care of it. My hard use knife is my Endura. The black finish is very durable.

Speaking of Sebenzas, I didn't include the $40 one I got on eBay on account that they're still available. Ha! So seriously, what're the best deals you guys have scored?

331910d1322316624-der-messer-thread-crkt_s-2_7512-013.jpg

Here's the serrated version of the CRKT S-2.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I remember maybe 2 Christmas' ago, I happened upon some 4030 CRKT Micarta folding Razel Straight Chisel Tip lock blades on eBay for $25 a pop brand freakin new. These things were huge - 4.75", and I bought 3, one for my Pop's, one for my Bro, and one for myself. Mine remains in my camp kit and has been a great, big, durable folder. Oh, and these had Veff Serrations, so they were great for hackin up stuff like kindling.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    This seamless Jesus Hernandez San Mai cable/1095 Formal Aikuchi Tanto for $500 from the smith himself...a blisteringly good deal for such buffalo horn / copper / sea snake hide artistry.

Attachments

• jhcable-steel1.jpg
      jhcable-steel1.jpg
      39.4 KB · Views: 259
    • jhsaya1.jpg
      jhsaya1.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 247
    • jhsnake-skin1.jpg
      jhsnake-skin1.jpg
      33.2 KB · Views: 255

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    This seamless Jesus Hernandez San Mai cable/1095 Formal Aikuchi Tanto for $500 from the smith himself...a blisteringly good deal for such buffalo horn / copper / sea snake hide artistry.
    Beautiful knife! What would have been a good "going" price for the blade? You got it for five hundred. Why did you get it for such a good price?

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Beautiful knife! What would have been a good "going" price for the blade? You got it for five hundred. Why did you get it for such a good price?

Here is a comparably nice tanto by an excellent maker, but not even one of specific individual repute => https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CI...fixed-10-dnh7-plain-blade-silk-wrapped-handle

$1K for that blade is not at all high, either. I got mine due to very fortuitous timing.

Here is more on Jesus specifically=> http://arscives.com/mastersofire/9jh.htm
    ...and another example of his handiwork-

Attachments

• jesushernandezwork.jpg
      jesushernandezwork.jpg
      20.4 KB · Views: 142

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl