• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    How about this question:

I have 2 handguns in the MSP backlog. I was not a designated collector when I made either purchase, but had submitted the form prior to filling out paperwork on the second. Let's say I get a call for the first and pick it up and then get a call on the second (by some miracle) a week later. Can I pick it up with no problems since I now have my designated collector letter? My best guess is that it depends on the FFL.

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    Is it 30 days after possession or 30 days after paperwork is cleared?

It depends on whether or not your FFL is on-board with the 8th day release. In my case, I have two previous "NDs" with Atlantic Guns and I'm a regular so I just have to wait out my 30 day "cool down" because I'm not a DC.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    How about this question:

I have 2 handguns in the MSP backlog. I was not a designated collector when I made either purchase, but had submitted the form prior to filling out paperwork on the second. Let's say I get a call for the first and pick it up and then get a call on the second (by some miracle) a week later. Can I pick it up with no problems since I now have my designated collector letter? My best guess is that it depends on the FFL.

My guess is that it would depend on the FFL. Some will claim that if the DC box isn't checked on the application at time of submission, that the 30 day wait period applies. Some may think that you're good to go. Talk to your FFL. Ultimately, it's their interpretation of the law that will matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom