• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Are there any good muzzle brakes that also are good flash hiders? I see a million reviews from 3 gun guys on items with good recoil reduction, but I cant find info on units that do both.

Would prefer to keep the price reasonable too but will consider anything if it is genuninely worth it.

Thanks for your time.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Are there any good muzzle brakes that also are good flash hiders? I see a million reviews from 3 gun guys on items with good recoil reduction, but I cant find info on units that do both.

Would prefer to keep the price reasonable too but will consider anything if it is genuninely worth it.

Thanks for your time.

YHM QD suppressor mount. I use it and I don't have a can. I noticed a dramatic recoil reduction and there is no flash, regardless of time of day. I paid less than $90 for it.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    The Battlecomp is an okay flashhider, depending on your application. On stuff that's 16 inches or longer, it's marginally brighter than an A2. On SBRs, it's not great.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    I run PWS's on two different ARs. As has already been said, they are very effective brakes, and do a pretty good job as a flash hider as well.

100_3085.jpg

93071db3.jpg

Vjornaxx

Twelve
    Mar 8, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Vuurwapen did a comparison of brakes in terms of their flash hiding capabilities. The data looked like comps make bad hiders as all comps were brighter than an A2, but the good hiders weren't designed to be comps.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I think I will try one of the Yankee Hill models just because they are so reasonable priced. If I don't like it I will start moving up in price and it will find a home on another rifle.

Thanks again.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I have an AAC Brakeout, and it does neither very well. I still like it.
    _dsc0038.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I think I will try one of the Yankee Hill models just because they are so reasonable priced. If I don't like it I will start moving up in price and it will find a home on another rifle.

Thanks again.

The Phantom does a decent job with flash, but as a comp - ehh, so-so. I ran a Phantom 5C2 for a while, for the price, no real complaints.

I'm running a 7.62 QD Mount on the 300BLK, and that's doing a good job.

Last edited:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

Thanks again.

My g/f has a YHM phantom 5M1, comp/brake. She swapped it out for a dynacomp I got from a buddy of mine. The YHM was loud...it gave a sound that just made a crack in your ear drum. It did ok as a comp, there was some recoil reduction. It does hide flash better than the dynacomp though. Plus with the edges on the tip it doubles as a stabbing tool lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom