Haling pretty good out here... how's your weather?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I'm getting hail about 10mm diam out here just outside of Hagerstown.

Anybody else getting unusual or interesting weather where you live?

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Beautiful clear night here. Gonna be 85 and sunny tomorrow.

bastard.

Hail in Hagerstown and lots of lightning, quite a show!

no doubt! When the thunder first started up an ago or so, it was so constant and unchanging, just rumbling and shaking the windows for a solid minute, I threw on some shoes and a hoodie and ran outside thinking it was some type of high performance aircraft! We get F15s up here often when the Prez is staying at NSF Thurmont (Camp David) and it sounded just like that. Love me some good thunder/lightning :party29:

Good to see more membership from Washington County. :beer:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    White Marsh getting quite a bit of rain and some nice lightning. Thunder is delayed by about seven seconds or so.

Somewhat off topic: Any truth to the rumor about not wanting to be on your cell phone while standing outside in a lightning storm?

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    White Marsh getting quite a bit of rain and some nice lightning. Thunder is delayed by about seven seconds or so.

Somewhat off topic: Any truth to the rumor about not wanting to be on your cell phone while standing outside in a lightning storm?

I know there is truth to me not wanting to be standing outside in a lightning storm without my cell phone.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.

never heard that one before. what could it possibly do? i'm no expert in physics or meteorology, but I don't think that a microwave transmitter is any more likely to be hit than anything else of the same height/material.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Yeah I got home about 30 minutes ago it was hailing and so I decided to put the car in the garage less than 30 seconds later it just let it down. Have a Morton building with a tin roof loud as can be!

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Yeah I got home about 30 minutes ago it was hailing and so I decided to put the car in the garage less than 30 seconds later it just let it down. Have a Morton building with a tin roof loud as can be!

I bet! Sounds like the place i used to work at. When there was ANY kind of precipitation, you KNEW it :cool::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom