• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thartranft

Jan 13, 2013
    Laurel
    As the title states, I'm in search of No. 209 muzzleloader primers. I decided to purchase one to extend my deer hunting season without knowledge of the great primer shortage of 21. :banghead:
    I would love to find 200, but at this point I'd take enough to sight the rifle and do some hunting.
    Thanks

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Was in Bay Country Crabbing Supply and Tackle in Edgewater this afternoon, they had some.

Opens 0800 tomorrow, give them a call

EDIT: friend just purchase them for $9.99 per 100

Last edited:

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    As the title states, I'm in search of No. 209 muzzleloader primers. I decided to purchase one to extend my deer hunting season without knowledge of the great primer shortage of 21. :banghead:
    I would love to find 200, but at this point I'd take enough to sight the rifle and do some hunting.
    Thanks

I’m pretty sure you can convert most older inlines to 209, so if you find one that is percussion cap for cheap, maybe you can convert it.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I think it’s easier to find percussion caps #10 or 11 than the 209 primers.

In that case he could buy a used in line that shoots percussion caps, then convert it once this bullish!t is over. I’m guessing he could pick up something like that for pretty cheap. Win, win for OP.

thartranft

Jan 13, 2013
    Laurel
    I've already bought myself a CVA, just didn't do my due diligence in making sure I could acquire everything needed to use it. I reload, but haven't had to buy primers in quite a long while and didn't know they were so scarce.
    Thank you both for the suggestions. Push come to shove I'll head down the rabbit hole you both mentioned.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have 23 Winchester 209 Muzzle loader primers I have left from about 5-6 years ago since switching to BH209 (requires Shotgun Primers).
    They have been in an indoor dry location since buying them.
    They are yours if you want them. Just PM me

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Scott's Gunsmithing is closed until Tuesday at 10 am. We don't carry but a few muzzleloading items, however, we have quite a few 209 primers. A bit pricey by historic standards, they are something like 14 bucks per hundred but also come with a carrying block.

410 761-9815.

Hours are 10am to 6 pm Tues - Friday, 9am to 5 pm Saturday.

Oct 31, 2021
    Frederick
    I need to double check but I'm pretty sure I've got hundreds in the basement that I have no use for and will sell for fairly cheap. I'm in the Frederick area though and have a new born so not sure how quickly I could make it happen.

I also have a traditions buckstalker that I'd throw in for cheap if you want that, we're moving next year and I'm trying to downsize what's in the safe.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I think it’s easier to find percussion caps #10 or 11 than the 209 primers.

I changed the nipple on my in-line percussion cap and haven't had an issue since, so I haven't need the need to go to 209. Plus, I've got dozens of caps now, assuming I can find the little container in my hunting box :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom