Anyone have firsthand experience with a Fulton Armory Rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Anyone have firsthand experience with a Fulton Armory M1 Carbine?

I am considering ordering a Fulton Armory CMP M1 Match Carbine but before hitting the order button, I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with their rifles.

I do realize it's a 9+ month wait to get one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 5.21.38 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 5.21.38 PM.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 457

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm picking one up tomorrow. It was ordered for me as gift last December and shipped to my FFL last week.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I'm picking one up tomorrow. It was ordered for me as gift last December and shipped to my FFL last week.

If you don't mind saying, which model did you get?

I want the CMP Match M1 with a USGI receiver but something other than a GM/Inland receiver - I already have one of those.

I emailed them this evening asking if I could get one built on a receiver other than a GM/Inland - preferably a Winchester.

I also asked if the match barrels were chromed.

How quick they answer my email will play heavily into my decision to order one from them. If their customer service can't manage answering an email, I have to question the rest of their operation.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Fulton Armory has an EXCELLENT reputation. Sometimes basing your decision on customer service is an error. A lot of artisans are odd-balls. People who are busy because they’re great will not appear at all eager.

lockandload

Oct 26, 2012
    I do have experience with fulton. I purchased one of their first ARs. I wanted wanted to.pirchase a one of their M1A/14 but decided to go with a match M1A. I have heard nothing but great thing about them.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I do have experience with fulton. I purchased one of their first ARs. I wanted wanted to.pirchase a one of their M1A/14 but decided to go with a match M1A. I have heard nothing but great thing about them.
    Is Fulton’s version of the M1A Match legal in Maryland? I have the M1A “Loaded” in 6.5 CM (apparently that’s not quite as killy as the National Match rifle in .308) but would really like the old style M14 clone in .308 with wood furniture, but.....Maryland.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think these are a better deal than a beat up WWII vintage nothing special M1 carbine that now cost $1200, esp. if you want a shooter. I doubt any other modern M1 carbine would come close. I thought about one of these myself but instead put my money in SBR's plus a can. I say buy it.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I own 3 all bought years ago, an AR Varmint rifle, a restored M1 Carbine and a pre MD ban M14 in .308. All have functioned perfectly over the years and are accurate.
    I'm thinking of ordering another M14 in 6.5 Creedmoor from them. Clint unfortunately passed away earlier this year but I understand they are building rifles as usual.
    My AR, other than the scope and rings its how it came from Fulton, bought to at the Westminster Ag Center gun show back when Fulton would do gun shows.

Attachments

• IMG_2274.jpg
      IMG_2274.jpg
      118.2 KB · Views: 246
    • IMG_2270.jpg
      IMG_2270.jpg
      101.8 KB · Views: 214

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    A friend bought a Match M1A from them years back. Fully bedded, etc.. It was impeccable and shot moa and better with him pulling the trigger. I shot a 1.5 moa group with it…once. My friend and that rifle were a great match.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    …How quick they answer my email will play heavily into my decision to order one from them. If their customer service can't manage answering an email, I have to question the rest of their operation.

Fulton Armory has an EXCELLENT reputation. Sometimes basing your decision on customer service is an error. A lot of artisans are odd-balls. People who are busy because they’re great will not appear at all eager.

My recent experience with Fulton Armory speaks to ^both^ points: I pay $250 for a Geissele High Speed National Match fire control group that arrives with out-of-spec pins. Geissele’s “customer service” consisted of their “Sr tech” broken recording at customer, “Ahh, I just put over 200 of those in last week at Camp Perry,You just have to beat on your receiver harder!”. Geissele refused to even consider sending me another set of $6 or $7 pins …

So, in consulting with several builders, I also emailed Fulton Armory. They responded the NEXT DAY and sent me THE SOLUTION to my dilemma and I was able to install the Geissele HSNM fcg WITHOUT destroying my receiver by using the pins supplied by Geissele.

Fulton Armory always has been and most certainly remains: GTG! :thumbsup:

OP, I envy you when you take receipt of that carbine! :D

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I have purchased a few barrels from them and was not disappointed. I think they are a safe bet.

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    They are good, I've handled one and had no complaints. The one I used had no issues with USGI Mags or repro mags, unlike some USGI Carbines. However, from the price point, I would buy an authentic USGI M1 Carbine. They pop up on the CMP forum or other auction sites from time to time for a reasonable price.

Just my 2 cents.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Thanks for all the input guys.

Rich, the GM, responded to my email this morning and answered all my questions.

My order is in - a CMP M1 Match Carbine.

I upgraded to a Winchester receiver and a chrome-lined barrel.

I have an excellent USGI WWII GM/Inland Bavarian Rural Police Carbine - correct as to the way it was when the Germans had it following WWII. I just wanted something "new" to actually shoot without concern for tearing up a piece of history.

I also have an Auto-Ordnance Repo Carbine that I bought when I should have bought the Fulton to begin with. In 6-9 months when the Fulton comes in I will probably be listing the AO Carbine for sale on here. Nothing wrong with it, I should have just bought what I wanted to begin with - it would have been cheaper in the long run.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Thanks for all the input guys.

Rich, the GM, responded to my email this morning and answered all my questions.

My order is in - a CMP M1 Match Carbine.

I upgraded to a Winchester receiver and a chrome-lined barrel.

I have an excellent USGI WWII GM/Inland Bavarian Rural Police Carbine - correct as to the way it was when the Germans had it following WWII. I just wanted something "new" to actually shoot without concern for tearing up a piece of history.

I also have an Auto-Ordnance Repo Carbine that I bought when I should have bought the Fulton to begin with. In 6-9 months when the Fulton comes in I will probably be listing the AO Carbine for sale on here. Nothing wrong with it, I should have just bought what I wanted to begin with - it would have been cheaper in the long run.

Rich built my AR years ago, here are some pics of the carbine, at the time I bought it Fulton was using all GI parts except for barrel and stock, that was 15 or more years ago. Bought it already built off a table they had at gun show.

Attachments

• IMG_4416.jpg
      IMG_4416.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 156
    • IMG_4417.jpg
      IMG_4417.jpg
      94.7 KB · Views: 162
    • IMG_4420.jpg
      IMG_4420.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 162
    • IMG_4426.jpg
      IMG_4426.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 159
    • IMG_4427.jpg
      IMG_4427.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 176

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Rich built my AR years ago, here are some pics of the carbine, at the time I bought it Fulton was using all GI parts except for barrel and stock, that was 15 or more years ago. Bought it already built off a table they had at gun show.

Very nice.

The current Fulton CMP Match carbine only guarantees that the receiver and bolt are USGI. The barrel is a Critereon, I believe the stocks are Boyd and the rest is a mix of FA and USGI parts. The CMP Match carbine has enough USGI parts to qualify for CMP matches not that I intend to shoot in them.

I ordered mine with a Type II barrel band - no bayonet lug. My USGI WWII Inland has the Type III on it and I wanted this one without it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom