• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Forgive me if some iteration of this has been asked before ( it probably has) but I can't find the thread. I purchased a stripped Bushmaster lower in 2007 on Form 77R. I added a lower parts kit and stock to it to make a complete lower (AR pattern). I added a Bushmaster HBAR upper to it to make complete rifle.
    My question is can I sell this rifle today as a non-regulated firearm or does it need to be sold on 77R through an FFL or MSP.

I e-mailed this question to MSP Licensing Services and the reply I got from them quoting the law banning AW and referencing "Bushmaster Semi Automatic Rifle" and telling me that all Bushmaster semi automatic rifles are banned. I think my MSP reply is mistaken as far as all Bushmaster (AR pattern) semi automatic rifles being banned. I not sure about the question of having to sell on Form 77R as I don't think they really answered my question.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    You can't sell a Bushmaster AR in MD. Period. That is the MDSP interpretation of the MD banned list. Bushmaster is banned by name.

It does not matter that it references a completely different Bushmastee rifle.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You'll have to sell that rifle through an FFL to a buyer in a different state.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Keep the lower since it’s a preban lower and use it for a future build.

You should be able to get a good bit for the upper, especially since it’s an MD compliant upper being HBAR.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Through 2013 the MSP knew perfectly well that the Bushmaster on the List was an entirely different rifle. Through 2013 Bushmaster brand HBARs were sold cash and carry.

After 2013 MSP decided to be a**holes and pretend that they believed Bushmaster Rifle refers to the brand name.
    Institutionally, they know perfectly well. Individual troopers probably don't.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I remember the discussion of this way back when and that the Bushmaster Semi Auto Rifle is a different animal than the AR type lowers that we have been using and building forever except the one identical mil spec lower is called Bushmaster. Anyway Thanks for the responses. Looks like MSP is intentionally mistaken. When I'm ready to sell I'll have to post on out of state forum.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Threeband said .

But that pre 2013 Lower has more intrinsic value to YOU as a Grandfathered Lower , than it would to an out of state potential buyer .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom