• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Tomorrow is not the day you are looking for lol.

They will wait until the last possible second, which is next week.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Tomorrow is not the day you are looking for lol.

They will wait until the last possible second, which is next week.
    I don’t think they’ll let everyone carry and protect fetuses on the same day. Guns, second to last, fetus last.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I don’t think they’ll let everyone carry and protect fetuses on the same day. Guns, second to last, fetus last.
    also people are wrong about who is writing the opinion. It's Ginsburg. People says she's dead. She was never alive, ha.

Attachments

• RBG Verdict.png
      RBG Verdict.png
      235.5 KB · Views: 93

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    Hi everyone, it has been a while. I just hope that Clarence Thomas wrote the opinion and recognized what these anti 2A states will do and have in the opinion: 1) No permit is required as it should be a constitutional carry (Open or Concealed). 2) Since it is constitutional, there are no limits to carry including any state/territory (reciprocity is not needed) or locations (Subways and Campuses) as these were discuss during the oral arguments in November. 3) This will go into effect directly after the release of the opinion, so that night anyone who is not a felon can carry in Times-square after taking the MTA to get there. 4) Address the level of scrutiny for past, current, and future gun laws; especially, the ones NOT favorable for 2A. I hope this is not too far fetched to have and this will stick it to the anti's 2A states....... Also, I believe the opinion will be release at the same time as the abortion decision. This may allow the case to fly under the radar as liberals will be more focus on the abortion case.. What do y'all think?

Last edited:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Hi everyone, it has been a while. I just hope that Clarence Thomas wrote the opinion and recognized what these anti 2A states will do and have in the opinion: 1) No permit is required as it should be a constitutional carry (Open or Concealed). 2) Since it is constitutional, there are no limits to where to carry to include any state (reciprocity is not needed) or locations (Subways and Campuses) as these were discuss during the oral arguments in November. 3) This will go into effect directly after the release of the opinion, so that night anyone who is not a felon can carry in Times-square after taking the MTA to get there. 4) Address the level of scrutiny on gun laws favorable to 2A. I hope this is not too far fetched to have and this will stick it to the anti's 2A states....... Also, I believe the opinion will be release at the same time as the abortion decision. This may allow this case to fly under the radar as liberals will be more focus on the abortion case.. What do y'all think?
    Even if Thomas writes the opinion, he needs to have 4 other justices sign onto it. So its reach will be limited to what the other justices are willing to go along with, just like Scalia had to temper Heller to get Kennedy onboard.

As for release date affecting publicity, there are massive amounts of money on the Anti side, and that will guarantee Bruen will get lots of media coverage. It also guarantees attention from Dems who will want to be seen as fighting it tooth and nail (court packing proposals, for example) in order to keep the Bloombux flowing into their campaign coffers for the election season.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm most concerned about how they will write about special places (metro, stadiums, etc). Hopefully they write stricter and not looser. MD would love them to be vague.
    I’d be shocked if they addressed TPM (time, place, manner) in anything but the broadest sense. Decisions are usually narrowly tailored to the question at hand. I’d like to be shocked…

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    I’d be shocked if they addressed TPM (time, place, manner) in anything but the broadest sense. Decisions are usually narrowly tailored to the question at hand. I’d like to be shocked…
    C'mon man don't dash my dreams :'(. AmyCB, along w at least 3 others had talked a little about it, which led me to believe she at least thought it would need to be addressed. NYC screams for that need. Especially the metro, even the Dems been screaming about it.
    Still no?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    C'mon man don't dash my dreams :'(. AmyCB, along w at least 3 others had talked a little about it, which led me to believe she at least thought it would need to be addressed. NYC screams for that need. Especially the metro, even the Dems been screaming about it.
    Still no?
    Lol. I can’t imagine the metro can be off limits. People have a right to defend themselves on either end of the metro. They have a right to defend themselves on the metro.

Once carry is established as a right, many arguments are invalidated.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I think it’ll be like Delaware tried with state parks … all are off limits. delSC finally overruled and said only minimal / specific restrictions, not the whole of every park.

nyc and other big cities will probably go so far as to say no. On any mass transit. Then go with years of litigation through the same courts that got us to this point.

they’ve said as much, for their plans of resistance.

in any place, where two or more people gather…

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    Even if Thomas writes the opinion, he needs to have 4 other justices sign onto it. So its reach will be limited to what the other justices are willing to go along with, just like Scalia had to temper Heller to get Kennedy onboard.

As for release date affecting publicity, there are massive amounts of money on the Anti side, and that will guarantee Bruen will get lots of media coverage. It also guarantees attention from Dems who will want to be seen as fighting it tooth and nail (court packing proposals, for example) in order to keep the Bloombux flowing into their campaign coffers for the election season.
    True... Definitely there was massive amount of money involved to fight this case and will get a lot of media coverage once the opinion will come out. However, I think this will be short lived as the main focus will be the abortion case. It appears that the liberal will be more concern if the leak abortion draft is true. Absolutely, this will help with the Dems campaign coffers, but it may be a slight less of an arrow in the dems quiver to fight..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom