• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just wondering where people are getting supplies. What LGS's sell reloading equipment, or do you go to Bass Pro to get stuff? Where are you finding deals on components?

If you buy projectiles online, where are you finding the best prices, etc.

Just curious, I've had a press for a while and finally getting my act together to start reloading. Currently just loading 30-06 for my M1, but I've been picking up my .223 brass and might start picking up my 9mm brass just to get a stockpile rolling.

Mike

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Powder Valley

Midsouth Shooter Supply

Rockey Mountain Reloading

Everglades Ammo .Com

Rockey Brass

Just to name a few...

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I typically order online. Wait for a big sale and pile deep(hazmat fee will encourage that behavior) . Powder valley, Midsouth, graff and sons are a few sites to check out.

Locally around where I'm located, reloading supplies are either sparse or really expensive.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just bought imr4895 and primers on bass pro, should be shipped to my house (free shipping too) by the 13th.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Natchez Shooter Supply
    Village Arms in Gap PA
    SLCFSA Gun Show
    Ballistic Products
    Circle Fly Wads
    Cabelas
    MP-Molds

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I go to a couple local shops for the hazmat stuff. Bullets and brass come from a variety of online shops but mostly shooters pro shop or powder valley.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Powder Valley is typically an online supply house to visit. Their prices aren't necessarily always the lowest, but their products are usually priced very well, and they tend to always be competitive.

Do your math homework so you can anticipate your needs. You can combine powder and primers both to help to mitigate the bite of hazmat charges. Sometimes, when demand lessens (rather than at present), you'll see sales and hazmat charges being waived, given sufficient dollar volume purchases.

Bass Pro can be fine for a pound of powder that you find yourself needing. But should you find yourself getting into some volume, it pays to give considerable thought to what (and when, as well as where) you buy.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have used most of those places. The ones I use the most are Powder Valley, Mid South, Grafs, and Brownells. But buy from others depending on stock and price.

For finding things, Google works well. I just bought some 9mm powder coated cast bullets, and found them via Google.

Ammoseek also allows you to see prices of components.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Most of them are out of components and primers, except for magnum primers. :sad20:

Yep. Most online stores are spotty at best. I found that out while looking for powders to load .357 sig. From what I was able to scrounge from a couple different sites, it would have cost me almost $200 for the two pounds I was looking for(minimum purchases, ridiculous HAZMAT rates, etc :sad20:)!

Thanks to the generosity of Squaregrouper, I got what I needed at cost(and a chunk of schrapple :D).

Things are almost as bad as post Sandy Hook. :cool:

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    gunbot.net is also a good way to quickly compare prices on ammo, primers, powder and bullets.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Go onto all of the websites mentioned, and register to get their sales emails. Then sit back and wait for the deals to pop up. If you look at prices long enough, and have a decent memory, the really good deals will stand out. Be patient and buy in bulk when the deals pop up.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    I have a Noon appointment at Gunshack Mt Airy tomorrow. Will be digging into whatever they have. Called today and they said they just got in a shipment of powder and reloading supplies they haven't yet unpacked.

Wish me luck

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have a Noon appointment at Gunshack Mt Airy tomorrow. Will be digging into whatever they have. Called today and they said they just got in a shipment of powder and reloading supplies they haven't yet unpacked.

Wish me luck

Be prepared for high prices, so bring a fat wallet LOL

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Some things you can order from Basspro and do instore pickup, they dont charge a hazmat fee for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom