New reloader.....powder availabilty around BWI....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    NO I AM NOT LOOKIN' TO DO ANYTHING WRONG.......just live close to BWI airport .....lol....

Just gettin started in reloading. Starting with 9mm for a Glock 19, and couple other 9mm carbines....

Lookin at powders available local... Bass pro is a given. ...WHO ELSE??

Have press, brass, primers, bullets, and enuff knowledge to be dangerous....

Just looking for a decent "plinker" or "bulk" powder to load with 115 grn plated slugs...leaning to Power Pistol or Win 231 (if I can find it)....

What kinda info y'all got??

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    "Bulk Powder" has a specific if arcane meaning . From the context you are looking for powder suitable for loading " bulk ammunition " .

I could have named a nearby lgs with extensive selection of powders, but Bart retired and closed up shop . I will await up to date recomendations for that neighborhood.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I thought Clyde's sold powder but you might want to call before going there.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    NO I AM NOT LOOKIN' TO DO ANYTHING WRONG.......just live close to BWI airport .....lol....

Just gettin started in reloading. Starting with 9mm for a Glock 19, and couple other 9mm carbines....

Lookin at powders available local... Bass pro is a given. ...WHO ELSE??

Have press, brass, primers, bullets, and enuff knowledge to be dangerous....

Just looking for a decent "plinker" or "bulk" powder to load with 115 grn plated slugs...leaning to Power Pistol or Win 231 (if I can find it)....

What kinda info y'all got??

If you want some time with an experienced reloader, I'd be willing to help you out and show you the ropes.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    A Call first is well worth your time with any of the following:

Clydes a favorite.

PG County Trap & Skeet has many shotgun powders, many of which cross over to pistol powders

Shyda's in PA almost worth the trip.... (My daughter plays a lot of indoor Field Hockey up that way, so I usually stock up then)

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I like to keep my MD mandated limit of 5 pounds of powder on hand, so I take a trip to Shyda's a couple times a year for powder and primers. Everything else I purchase mail order. If you're in the area, Trop's is also a fun place to stop by.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Also keep in mind that you can order any powder and primer they stock nationally from Bass Pro on line and select "Ship to Store => Hanover, MD" to avoid shipping and HAZMAT fees. I just did that when their primers went on sale. Picked them up at the Exchange desk no problem again.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have given up on buying reloading supplies locally. The prices are ludicrous, especially if you get stuff from basspro. I've found that the break even on hazmat charges is about three pounds of powder. The other shipping costs are pretty much offset by not having to pay tax. I make around two big orders per year and keep stocked up on powder and primers via online purchases.

If I find myself short on something and have to make a local purchase I generally go to Clydes if I don't have another reason to make a trip to PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom