• BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Is Bob still in business? His website has disappeared

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Yes, I will be going to see him this weekend! Sometimes he turns his phone off so if you don't get him keep trying. If you get voice mail leave a message and he will call you back.

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    It's been a bit since I read this topic, does he sell supplies or only equipment? I can't remember where he is any more either...

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    It's been a bit since I read this topic, does he sell supplies or only equipment? I can't remember where he is any more either...

White Plains. He sells certain components. You'd have to call to check the availability of what he has in stock as far as powder, primers and bullets.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Both. He is a Dillon dealer. He has brass bullets and dies etc. He is in Promfert Md just south of Waldorf. He also has powder and primers.

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Ugh, right, Pomfret. Now I remember why I never visited him. I was just thinking of him the other day, and ended up calling an order in to Dillon.

I couldn't remember his info and was too distracted by the shiny blue stuff (and other distractions in the Blue Press) to think about coming here and asking...

Thanks for the speedy reply tho!

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Ugh, right, Pomfret. Now I remember why I never visited him. I was just thinking of him the other day, and ended up calling an order in to Dillon.

I couldn't remember his info and was too distracted by the shiny blue stuff (and other distractions in the Blue Press) to think about coming here and asking...

Thanks for the speedy reply tho!

That reminds me, I haven't gotten a blue press for months now. WTF?

I love Bob. you just better call first and have plenty of time for talking when you get there. I hope that man has someone to take care of his stuff when he is unfit to do it...and I hope that is not necessary for a long time.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I love Bob. you just better call first and have plenty of time for talking when you get there.

I was there today picking up my 550....for 5 hours. We had trouble getting my Hornady dies to do what they were supposed to.

If I were in his cirumstances, I would not be carrying such a large inventory. OTOH I called him yesterday and got everything I wanted today, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I was there today picking up my 550....for 5 hours. We had trouble getting my Hornady dies to do what they were supposed to.

If I were in his cirumstances, I would not be carrying such a large inventory. OTOH I called him yesterday and got everything I wanted today, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

That's funny. He loves company. He is a valuable resource. I need to get my stuff together and figure out what else I need to be able to reload every caliber that I have.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    Bob set me up with my 550. I had never done any reloading and he spent 12 hours over 2 days teaching me the basics. And he called me at least once a week for the first couple months to see how I was doing.
    That guy still knows more than 10 average reloaders.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Bob set me up with my 550. I had never done any reloading and he spent 12 hours over 2 days teaching me the basics. And he called me at least once a week for the first couple months to see how I was doing.

He did the same for me with my 650. He still calls every now and then to make sure it's running properly.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's funny. He loves company. He is a valuable resource. I need to get my stuff together and figure out what else I need to be able to reload every caliber that I have.

You will need one of these for each caliber.
    http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23598/catid/2/RL_550B_Caliber_Conversion_Kit

You will also need one of these for each caliber.
    http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23602/catid/2/RL_550B_Deluxe_Quick_Change_Assembly

Then you need your dies.

Hope it helps. :D

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I'm glad to hear Bob is still in business and doing well. I've bought quite a bit of gear off of him over the years.

He isn't close by me but he is close enough to make it worth my while to go there.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

Yea, I have a full set up for .223, .40. I need some pins and powder funnels to complete .357, .380. Then I need another setup for .270.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Once you get a couple of Conversions, use the link below to see if you need to buy the whole conversion, or just a couple of pieces.

You enter what kits you have, and what calibers you want to load, and it tells you the parts you already have and the parts you need.

I added .308 with three parts. .300 BlkOut was one part (powder funnel).

http://thegunwiki.com/apps/calconversion/

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Once you get a couple of Conversions, use the link below to see if you need to buy the whole conversion, or just a couple of pieces.

You enter what kits you have, and what calibers you want to load, and it tells you the parts you already have and the parts you need.

I added .308 with three parts. .300 BlkOut was one part (powder funnel).

http://thegunwiki.com/apps/calconversion/

I have printed the lists of parts needed for each of the calibers and only buy those parts that I need. A few pins. Maybe a shell plate, maybe not. Also try to max the calibers you can load with the minimal amount of expenditure. Good post though for those that don't know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom