Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    None were C&R, otherwise I would have left with one. :D

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Good point. I assumed you had it. Lou gets nice C&R revolvers pretty often. I imagine a C&R model 10 at his shop wouldn't hang around for long.

Yeah, I'm sure they go fast. I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and get the hql before too long though. I didn't own a handgun or regulated long gun before the new law but I've heard you can get a hunter safety course to count for the training.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Yeah, I'm sure they go fast. I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and get the hql before too long though. I didn't own a handgun or regulated long gun before the new law but I've heard you can get a hunter safety course to count for the training.

dont think an hql is need for c&r handgun, just the paperwork and wait

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    If you don't mind police surplus, keep on eye on what Lou gets in. $400 or less should get you a very nice one.

I've had very good luck with the LEO trade-ins I've bought. Always in very good/excellent mechanical condition.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Take it from me, either move outta Maryland (to a truly free state) or get the HQL. Eventually, you'll want a pistol that requires it.

Also, the 1951's a wonderful pistol and well worth the wait for the right one. Don't let anyone dissuade you from your quest. That said, be prepared to spend more for a decent one. Just be patient and be sure to go over seller photos with a fine tooth comb before your next buy. Or, better yet, if you know a local dealer that you trust, ask them to find one for you. It'll cost a bit more, but it's less likely you'll receive a gun with problems.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Take it from me, either move outta Maryland (to a truly free state) or get the HQL. Eventually, you'll want a pistol that requires it.

Also, the 1951's a wonderful pistol and well worth the wait for the right one. Don't let anyone dissuade you from your quest. That said, be prepared to spend more for a decent one. Just be patient and be sure to go over seller photos with a fine tooth comb before your next buy. Or, better yet, if you know a local dealer that you trust, ask them to find one for you. It'll cost a bit more, but it's less likely you'll receive a gun with problems.

I'm considering getting it now. There are new pistols I want. I may get it and get a new pistol or revolver for my first one and shop around for the C&R ones I want. I've been eyeing some cz 75's recently.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    You can't go wrong with a CZ either. They make wonderful guns. I've got two of their older pistols ('52 and '82), which are alotta fun to shoot, but a bit anachronistic to rely on for protection.

I'm also in the market for a (modern) pistol (for the improved sights and firepower) in .40 S&W and've narrowed the pack down to either a full-size Beretta 96 or a compact CZ CZ P-06 (for possible CCW).

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Most are pretty nice but I don't have the HQL.

With Hogan inbound, it's time to get the HQL and support our local gun shops. Let the ongoing lawsuit play itself out to decide the legalities. No use punishing yourself any further.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    With Hogan inbound, it's time to get the HQL and support our local gun shops. Let the ongoing lawsuit play itself out to decide the legalities. No use punishing yourself any further.

I'm considering it now. You can get a hunter safety course to count for the training right? I didn't own a regulated firearm before the new law but I have taken a hunter safety course. If I could avoid paying for the class I would be much more inclined to get it.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I got an email from them saying they were crediting the refund back to my card on Tuesday. It hasn't come through on my electronic statement yet though. I'll be much more at ease once I get it back + the ridiculous cost of shipping.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I got an email from them saying they were crediting the refund back to my card on Tuesday. It hasn't come through on my electronic statement yet though. I'll be much more at ease once I get it back + the ridiculous cost of shipping.

Those things usually take about 3-4 days to process, unfortunately. It always struck me as annoying that the credit card companies can suck cash away from you instantly, but when it comes to refunding money, it somehow becomes a Herculean task for them. Unless the company you bought from drags their heels putting in the refund order (and I don't think that Cole's would do that), the delay is not their doing.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Those things usually take about 3-4 days to process, unfortunately. It always struck me as annoying that the credit card companies can suck cash away from you instantly, but when it comes to refunding money, it somehow becomes a Herculean task for them. Unless the company you bought from drags their heels putting in the refund order (and I don't think that Cole's would do that), the delay is not their doing.

Yeah it usually takes a while. It should show up in a day or two and then I can start looking for something else to buy. :D Maybe an HQL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom