• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    What happened to Win 231? My favorite powder seems to have fallen off the map. Has anyone seen any for sale in the past year?

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    It's the same with all pistol powders since the panic. I don't know about you but I cant walk into a store and buy anything but rifle powder. I've been loading my pistol rounds with green dot :sad20:

I don't know whats taking supply so long to catch up with the new demand. I guess there are just that many new reloaders.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    For those who haven't seen it in awhile, it coming back slowly.:party29:

A79A3BA5-F79A-4267-9383-B4F12938E67F_zpsw1xngi9u.jpg

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    It's the same with all pistol powders since the panic. I don't know about you but I cant walk into a store and buy anything but rifle powder. I've been loading my pistol rounds with green dot :sad20:

I don't know whats taking supply so long to catch up with the new demand. I guess there are just that many new reloaders.

Just tonight, I got a product alert that Power Pistol, Unique and Bullseye were available at Midway. Time of the email was 6:11 pm. Went online to Midway at 6:29pm. Gone, gone and.......gone.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    I pick it up on a regular basis in central pa. Along with its cousin hp-38. I found a small shop not to far from my cabin. If I go up on the weekend I will call in advance and he will hold it for me. I've seen just about every wanted powder on the shelf.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I pick it up on a regular basis in central pa. Along with its cousin hp-38. I found a small shop not to far from my cabin. If I go up on the weekend I will call in advance and he will hold it for me. I've seen just about every wanted powder on the shelf.

What area of PA? I have a friend who owns a farm up there and he'd like to pick some up next time he goes up if it's close.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    HP-38 and WW231 are the SAME powder, just different labels.

I got some HP-38 not too long ago. I have some WW231 on backorder for some 18 months right now.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Sure am glad that I have an un-opened 3lb 'caddy' of W-231 squirreled away, in a secret location.

This trying to find powder is getting to be a PITA.

Oh, how I long for the days when Ronald Reagan was in office, and powder, primer and boolits were available and affordable.

:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom