• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    It always pays to check to make sure what you're looking at is not one of the repros :)
    Sounds like a stupid statement, I know, but they are pretty good and a casual glance isn't always enough.
    However - the repros have rifled barrels, S/N's and makers marks.
    (as Ken pointed out, the originals have no markings and are smoothbore).

The real deal will generally be a sloppy mess, crappy welds, probably with some light rust and/or "patina" (don't clean it off!).

If you encounter an "original" instruction sheet it should have a watermark, the repros don't.
    Probably 90% of the boxes out there are repros too. An all original complete kit is very rare.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Very nice. How much?

It was $1500 out the door. There have been a few going cheaper on GB recently ($1k-$1200ish) but the condition of those was rough. I thought the price on this one was fair considering condition and original floor plate, etc. There have also been a couple on GB at $1700 + that have been sitting a long while.

Jul 1, 2012
    Almost all you see under $2500 (and some over) have been sanded/cleaned, or are in simply terrible shape - and/or have a replacement base plate. At $1500 that was a SUPER deal !! :thumbsup:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So assuming one buys a Liberator in MD or otherwise has to register it, how does MSP react to it since it has no serial numbers or markings? What do you even put on the MD77?

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    So assuming one buys a Liberator in MD or otherwise has to register it, how does MSP react to it since it has no serial numbers or markings? What do you even put on the MD77?

Honestly not sure, good question though, I'm sure someone here has an answer though. I would assume serial gets listed as 'none' like in a C&R bound book but don't know for sure.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Many pre-'68 pistols and shotguns have no serial number. How DOES that work when buying or selling one??

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Many pre-'68 pistols and shotguns have no serial number. How DOES that work when buying or selling one??

FFL's just indicate that it doesn't have any serial number. I'm just interested in how MSP would react if there are zero markings to put on the registration form.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Bob at GunRunners in Frederick has one for sale in this case.

Chris

Very nice. How much?

This one at Gunrunners is running $1750, I believe ...

15159e18f74660135d89cfcaee8c710f.jpg

3073d3dff536cce85b9959d1f5f0658e.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It was $1500 out the door. There have been a few going cheaper on GB recently ($1k-$1200ish) but the condition of those was rough. I thought the price on this one was fair considering condition and original floor plate, etc. There have also been a couple on GB at $1700 + that have been sitting a long while.

Good price. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom