• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Cool little pistols, You see them all over here in Indiana, They were built about 20 miles from me in Anderson, Indiana along with the grease gun....

Jul 1, 2012
    Definitely a nice score, it looks like it still has the original base plate and that nobody tried to "clean" the patina. That's tough to find. I traded mine away and am always on the lookout for an affordable nice one.

One thing to look at is the zinc cocking knob around the firing pin - one side gets worn flat when people monkey with it because they just rotate it to the side instead of pulling it back first.
    And it's another gun you shouldn't dry-fire :)

After watching the video on Vintage Ordnance website and listening to the guy talk about it, there's no way in hell I'd ever shoot one.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    In a word........ W-O-W!!!! Few here have even heard of these beauts even less own or ever will. One COOL find, I wonder how many reside in places like France or the Orient? AWESOME FIND!!!!! :drool:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    you know something like 10,000 of those were warehoused in a rural english town where the kids got into them to play cops and robbers, and they were then promptly all destroyed.

I got to play with a friend's reproduction with a rifled barrel.

Pretty cool, but every time I hold it I get mad that there's not a magazine, but just a floor plate that kind of looks like it SHOULD be one to block off the hollow compartment in the grip.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I've seen one once at a pawn shop. Did not handle it though.
    Did they put a serial # on them?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Nope no serial numbers

Lol.

"Hello. Is this Ameirca?"
    "Yes! How can I help you?"
    "The gun you dropped me has a broken trigger. Can I send it back?"
    "No sir, but if you look 40 yards in any direction, you should find another"
    "Fantastic! That's service!"

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    You're on a roll! First the Astra M300 now a Liberator. Last one of these I saw for sale was in the Oct. 2013 Conestoga auction. OTD at $1650 with a repop box. Always a strong demand for these. Gotta wonder what the guys over at Guide Lamp would say if they could see what their handiwork fetches today.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Phil Schreier at the National Firearms Museum said he ran some rounds through one of the ones he owns. It was noticeably looser after.

I've seen one once at a pawn shop. Did not handle it though.
    Did they put a serial # on them?

No markings at all, or even rifling.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Phil Schreier at the National Firearms Museum said he ran some rounds through one of the ones he owns. It was noticeably looser after.

No markings at all, or even rifling.

Believable, Hubble die cast toys of the 50's were probably better construction. Shoot once, kill Kraut or Jap and take his Luger or Nambu. Way back when when the Hey Joe's were trying to sell me a Luger for 100 bucks I wished I knew about these things........ I bet they could have been had for 20. :facepalm:

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    You're on a roll! First the Astra M300 now a Liberator. Last one of these I saw for sale was in the Oct. 2013 Conestoga auction. OTD at $1650 with a repop box. Always a strong demand for these. Gotta wonder what the guys over at Guide Lamp would say if they could see what their handiwork fetches today.

Thanks all for the comments! It has been a good (but expensive) week. The M300 turned out to be a winner, it's in excellent shape. Also ended up getting a Japanese Type 26 revolver one of the German occupation French 1935A's you pointed out on GB. This Liberator has been the highlight though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom