• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Had a great Veterans Day. Went to Stoney Creek, checked my site ins on my 2 deer rifles then proceeded to get my Smith 629 .44 Mag 6" and Smith 460 XVR 8-3/8" both sited in at 100 yds. They were recently sited in for 50 yds. The 44 mag is just about 1/2" right of the bull at 100 and the 460 is about 1 - 1 1/2" high at 100 yds which should put it about dead on at 130 - 140 yds....further than I could comfortably shoot even with a 2-8x Nikon scope on it. frankly I would be unlikely to take a shot even at 100 yds without a decent rest and the rest would have to be super solid to take a shot beyond that. My longest 'shooting lane' from my stand is a max of 120 yds anyway.

Also helped my brother get his Marlin 30-30 sight in after an ammo change and another buddy brought a couple guns to shoot including his Glock and his semi-auto Tommy gun. Shot my T/C Contender (scoped as well - the old eyes ain't what they used to be!) with the .223 barrel on it dusting quite a few clays set up in the banks at both 50 and 100 yds.

Ended up stopping by Scott's to see what's new in the shop and to BS with Sharkey and the 2 Larry's a little.

Still had time to finish winterizing the camper before night fall (freezing temps are coming!). A fantastic day. :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Had a great Veterans Day. ... then proceeded to get my Smith 629 .44 Mag 6" and Smith 460 XVR 8-3/8" both sited in at 100 yds. They were recently sited in for 50 yds. The 44 mag is just about 1/2" right of the bull at 100 and the 460 is about 1 - 1 1/2" high at 100 yds which should put it about dead on at 130 - 140 yds ... A fantastic day. :)

Great shooting!

It really was a perfect autumn day. I joined ATTom at his range, Catoctin Fish and Game Protective Association, where we also sighted in rifles among browning leaves and bright sun. For me, it was my AR with a Primary Arms 1-6x (on a Burris PEPR mount), Mini 14 with a Vortex 2-7x, and an Anschutz MSR RX22 with a NCStar 2-7x.

After we caught a bite at Denny's on the Golden Mile, spied a vet (Vietnam era - as his hat and shirt suggested) dining with family, and covertly paid for their dinner on the way out. :innocent0

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Great shooting!

It really was a perfect autumn day. I joined ATTom at his range, Catoctin Fish and Game Protective Association, where we also sighted in rifles among browning leaves and bright sun. For me, it was my AR with a Primary Arms 1-6x (on a Burris PEPR mount), Mini 14 with a Vortex 2-7x, and an Anschutz MSR RX22 with a NCStar 2-7x.

After we caught a bite at Denny's on the Golden Mile, spied a vet (Vietnam era - as his hat and shirt suggested) dining with family, and covertly paid for their dinner on the way out. :innocent0

Glad to hear someone else had a great day as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom