• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Little far for me to drive to spend an hour with ya, otherwise I'd love to go take a looksee and give you my unprofessional opinion :)

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    Yeah I kinda figured that. I do have a friend who was a pistol instructor in the Marine Corp. He's like me though pretty busy. Maybe one day I can drag him out to the range.

Feb 28, 2013
    Little far for me to drive to spend an hour with ya, otherwise I'd love to go take a looksee and give you my unprofessional opinion :)

Yeah I kinda figured that. I do have a friend who was a pistol instructor in the Marine Corp. He's like me though pretty busy. Maybe one day I can drag him out to the range.

How about the three of us hookin' up at Freestate?

That would then make for 2 that could benefit from an "unprofessional opinion".:innocent0

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Take the cheap laser after you buy it and throw it right in the trash. His issue could be recoil and in that case a laser will not help.
    Lasers have no part in diagnosing shooting issues. Just sayin :D

Being able to instantly and clearly see tendencies of flinching or anticipating, and also placement of the trigger finger is a great way to improve. I was fingering the ever loving hell out of my pistol until I slapped a cheap laser on it and realized I was pulling the POI to the next lane's targets. Hell I can actually keep all my bullets hitting the floor or track of my own lane now. :party29:

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    Dry firing drills are well and good, but it's easy to keep the gun still when your brain knows it's not going to go bang. What has worked for me is...have someone load a mag for you and randomly throw in a few dummy rounds. IMO this is the easiest way to determine if flinching/anticipation is the issue. If you're not flinching on the dummy rounds, you can start to alter your grip, trigger pull etc. to narrow down the problem. I'm no expert, but this is what's helped me quickly diagnose problems in my shooting.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I was just chatting with a friend this morning via email (lives in Cali) about liberating his new Glock from Komifornia wait-time jail, and he commented that he was initially shooting low and left, and went on to say that (apparently) this is common for new Glock shooters. Has anyone else ever heard that? I hadn't, but I live under a rock half the time so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a Glock thing that I just hadn't heard about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom