• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I am considering reloading shotgun shells. I have an old hand me down Pacific press. Before investing any money into the press, I was looking at components. I know where to get primers and powder. I even have some hulls from reloading deer slugs. Shot seems very expensive just by doing a Google search. Are there any local suppliers for shot? Besides BPS? I've already decided that I'm not going to pay $2/lb for shot from them.:tdown:

Thanks in advance.

Todd S

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I believe that PG County Trap and Skeet sells reclaimed shot, but I'm unsure of the prices.

I usually buy mine online for around $1.50/lb shipped. Thats comparable to the raw lead prices I see on ebay.

Midway, Grafs, Natchez all carries it.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I am considering reloading shotgun shells. .

Holy geez, as close as you are to them, SHYDAS in Lebanon,PA is the place you need to visit! Their prices have always been low enough on everything -- even after you factor in the 6% PA sales tax -- that it's always been worth the while of a half dozen or so of us to "go in" on some pretty big annual orders that we'd go and pick up in a big truck (w/ trailer depending on the size of the order). Several years back, when lead shot first spiked up to $40 something , SHYDAS had it for $28/25-LB bag, cash or check (they tack on a small % for credit card payments). That was back in the mid-2000's and we had to rent a BIG truck back then! we all saw the writing on the wall :mad54:

You definitely owe it to yourself to check them out (you are at least 2 hours closer to them than I am and I still made the trip regularly at least twice a year.

There are some great sporting clays ranges on the way up and back and a little "Amish menu" country diner on the left as you approach SHYDAS --- perfect day trip, indeed.

Best o' success!

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Shydas is definitely on my list for this or next weekend. Just checking on local, central MD. I know that there are few places in central MD to get metallic components. Worth a shot...

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Holy geez, as close as you are to them, SHYDAS in Lebanon,PA is the place you need to visit! Their prices have always been low enough on everything -- even after you factor in the 6% PA sales tax -- that it's always been worth the while of a half dozen or so of us to "go in" on some pretty big annual orders that we'd go and pick up in a big truck (w/ trailer depending on the size of the order). Several years back, when lead shot first spiked up to $40 something , SHYDAS had it for $28/25-LB bag, cash or check (they tack on a small % for credit card payments). That was back in the mid-2000's and we had to rent a BIG truck back then! we all saw the writing on the wall :mad54:

You definitely owe it to yourself to check them out (you are at least 2 hours closer to them than I am and I still made the trip regularly at least twice a year.

There are some great sporting clays ranges on the way up and back and a little "Amish menu" country diner on the left as you approach SHYDAS --- perfect day trip, indeed.

Best o' success!

Discussions are in progress about organizing a MDS bike ride up there when the weather gets a little nicer. I'm sure cager's would be welcome to convoy if they wanted to tag along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom