• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    Or just a sign that people are worn out by the ridiculous prices?

I just received a shipment of 17-round mags for my SR9c from Ruger. I placed the order on 02 MAR 2013, and it arrived on 24 APR 2013. When I ordered them, the same magazines were going for upwards of $80 on Gun Broker (GB). Just out of curiosity, I checked GB last night, and there isn't a single 17-round magazine with a bid over $30 on it.

I wonder if this is a sign that some of the prices are going to come back to normal as manufacturers get caught up, or if it is a sign that people have bought all they feel they could afford at the ridiculous prices? Perhaps Ruger shipped a ton and killed this particular second-party market?

I wish whatever it is would happen for the Sig/GSG 1911-22 mags. Still looking for some at a decent a price.

I'm seeing SIG mags available again and at descent prices, but for 226/228/229. Was at the Bass Pro in Harrisburg last weekend and while they had almost no handgun ammo, their magazine supply appeared to be coming back some. Still cannot find HK USP Compact magazines in .40 though. Rare breed these days.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Or just a sign that people are worn out by the ridiculous prices?

I just received a shipment of 17-round mags for my SR9c from Ruger. I placed the order on 02 MAR 2013, and it arrived on 24 APR 2013. When I ordered them, the same magazines were going for upwards of $80 on Gun Broker (GB). Just out of curiosity, I checked GB last night, and there isn't a single 17-round magazine with a bid over $30 on it.

I wonder if this is a sign that some of the prices are going to come back to normal as manufacturers get caught up, or if it is a sign that people have bought all they feel they could afford at the ridiculous prices? Perhaps Ruger shipped a ton and killed this particular second-party market?

I wish whatever it is would happen for the Sig/GSG 1911-22 mags. Still looking for some at a decent a price.

Prices on hardware are going down as supplies of guns and parts are catching up. Hasn't made it to ammo yet but it is coming or at least that is what I keep telling myself.

Thanks
    Robert

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    I'm seeing SIG mags available again and at descent prices, but for 226/228/229. .

Yeah, I think Cabela's had some of the SIG mags you list at less than $40 on their website.

I am just being patient, and refusing to pay the premiums that were/are out there. I am hoping that the rest of the market is turning this way to help drive the prices back to normal.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Panic is abating and demand is slowing down, so the supply is more readily available. Really, I suspect it's as simply as that.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Normal unless you have an M&P that is. Smith still isn't getting those out the door except with new pistols. :(

Or have a 45, I see some of those out there. I need 9mm mags though, dangit.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Normal unless you have an M&P that is. Smith still isn't getting those out the door except with new pistols. :(

Or have a 45, I see some of those out there. I need 9mm mags though, dangit.

Yeah, S&W is pissing me off too. I need 3 9mm M&P mags. :mad54::mad54:

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't think it's going to return to normal until a republican is head of state.

With that said, I recently got about 10 hi-caps for my USPs...but that was after a 5 month wait for them to be in stock. You can find them now but you have to pay a premium. I refuse to and after a 5 month wait from a dealer I know does fair pricing on mags, I got my H&K mags for about 30-40 a pop depending on the model. They are selling online for as much as 100+ per mag...

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Signs of a return to normalcy? Magazine prices/availability

Sgt Preston here...

I was pleasantly surprised today at the Timonium Gun Show today...

I saw Large & Small Winchester Pistol Primers for sale for $36.00 per 1000 = not too bad...

Of course a just few years (6) back I used to buy boxes of 5000 for $99.00...

But after-all this is America the home of ever increasing prices...

And ever decreasing jobs & wages...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom