• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Sanner's President John Mountjoy and I were interviewed today at the clubhouse by Staff Writer John Wharton. Mr. Wharton is a good guy who has posted even-handed articles in the past. We were able to use "show and tell" pieces to show the folly of the largely cosmetic "assault features" to be banned.

He took a lot of background information i'd prepared, including the list of the 79 bills (!) in the pipeline on guns, spread out over 5 committees meeting on 7 different dates.

I hope I didn't say anything too stupid that will hurt the cause, but it wasn't an "ambush interview" so hopefully it'll be fine.

Keep up the fight!!!!

bn_bullet

Nov 15, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    You could not have made any statements more stupid than those coming from some of our elected officials. Glad you were able to get the opportunity and thanks for making yourself available to stand up for all of us!

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    It's my pleasure, fellas. The publisher, Rick Boyd, seems like a nice guy and he liked my letter to the editor that he ran.

Thanks to John Mountjoy for opening up the clubhouse for the interview. He must have taken time off work, too. He does so much for the club and he was a perfect teammate for the interview.

Fingers crossed. Preparing for the 1st in Annapolis.

Irons

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom