• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Thanks!
    Holy crap that thing has a huge window! I hope it comes with a squeegee for cleaning it. I was thinking about a C-more for my 41. Any experience with the Airsoft Cmore knockoffs? I hear they actually will take Cmore parts. Also, any input on the OKO sight?
    I bought one of the $50 C-More clones off Ebay just to check it out, then tore it all apart. What a mess. No socketed LED so it could be swapped out like the C-More. Cheaply soldered with cheap wire and only a partial circuit board on it. Light output was insufficient for bright sunlight no matter what. I am still considering if I can save it by soldering in one of the spare $49 C-More LED modules I have in my collection. The brightness knob did not work very well either. And this one was so much of a copy it had all the logos AND the patent number list that is molded on the original.
    Just go down to a local Dick's and buy a TruGlo Dual Red/Green Reflex sight. If they are like mine the reticle patterns is hard edged and very sharp as opposed to cheap sights where the patterns are often flairly. The Pentax HS20 can be bought from Sportsman's Guide for around $53. It is only red but it is bright enough for daylight. Window is smaller than the C-More or the reflex sight but on a rifle I don't find that as a big issue. I actually move my HS20 over onto my Beretta CX4 Storm and it seems to work well on that. I think C-Mores are on sale for $206 on MidwayUSA this month.
    The Czech made OKO is a top of the line reflex sight. They were among the favored sights of top shooters for years until the US distributor was lost due to some international issues I think. So for many years the shooters who had OKOs on their raceguns used to peruse Ebay and other sights looking for ones they could snap up to use for parts to keep theirs running. Now they have a new US distributor, a shooter who happens to own an electronics company (Mike Gallion). But they run a little more costly than a C-More. A few members of the MPC still have raceguns that still have functional old days OKO sights.

Dick Chaney

May 5, 2013
    Sorry to op. Where around Hagerstown can i go check out a competition or find out if i want to get into shooting this. Sounds very interesting.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Looking at Ruger's website, these are the two closest clubs to Hagerstown that are running monthly matches.

Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's Club
    PO Box 1300
    Lexington Park, MD 20653
    Contact Email: mountjoyjw@yahoo.com
    Third Sunday of every month

Lewistown Pistol Club
    25 Ridge Runner Lane
    Lewistown, PA 17044
    Contact Email: rimfire@lewistownpistolclub.com
    First Sunday of every month

I don't know how far you're interested in travelling to shoot a match. Lewistown is going to be around a 2 hour drive. Sanner's Lake is probably closer to 3 hours.

I've never been to Sanner's, so I can't give you any more information about them. However, I'm the former Ruger Rimfire match director for Lewistown (now IDPA match director), so I can help there if you have any questions. The basics for Lewistown, 6 stages, 3 rifle, 3 pistol, each stage is shot 5 times, best 4 times are kept for score. Match is 150 rounds of ammo, minimum. As long as it's safe to do so, they shoot year round. Registration starts at 9 am and the match begins at 10 am. Cost is $10 for club members, and $15 for non-members.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Our 2nd weekend of the month matches at Monocacy Pistol Club in Frederick are very rimfire friendly for both rifles and pistols. The Saturday Speed Steel match is very similar to both Steel Challenge and Ruger Rimfire Challenge with 5 stages of static steel shot 4 times each 5 targets per stage all different alignments and sizes. The Sunday Rimfire Falling Steel is a match with 9 4" falling steel targets shot as many times as we can get it in the 3 hour limit.
    About 35 minutes from Hagerstown where I live also. Helps to have at least 4 magazines for your rimfire pistols. Rifles can shoot Speed Steel with a couple of 25 round mags if you have them, or 4 10 rounders.

Jul 22, 2013
    go to u tube first and see what all can be done with a 10/22. You can buy more stuff for that little fun gun than you can for any other rifle made.

gla

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    go to u tube first and see what all can be done with a 10/22. You can buy more stuff for that little fun gun than you can for any other rifle made.

gla
    That's because they NEED a lot of those parts. Mainly because the 10/22 has been made for 49 years or so. The closest to it in market share is the Remington 597. It has only been around for about 16 years so although you can get pretty much the same items there are not as many people making the same type of parts. Barrel makers:10/22 at least 8, 597- 2. Trigger makers: 10/22 about 5, 597 1. Stock makers: 10/22 8-10, 597 4-5. Magazine makers: 10/22 6, 597 3. But the lowest priced 597 is about $50 less than the lowest 10/22. So you can buy some extra mags for the difference. According to the NRA magazine's tactical 22 test the 597 is slightly more accurate than the 10/22 out of the box, but not by very much.
    I happen to have a 597 with about $1000 into it. Frightfully accurate might be a good description. 1/2 MOA or better. For speed shooting I own 2 S&W AR15-22. They are equipped so that they can be shot just like my 3-gun AR, which is the best way to shoot Ruger Rimfire. But really it is the shooter not the rifle. I will say that in just a short time the S&W AR15-22 is giving the popularity of the 10/22 a real run for the money. Kids seem to prefer it over the 10/22 when they have a choice. Looks more like the one they shoot in video games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom