• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I read the write-up in Handgunner Magazine and I was particularly drawn to the EDC and a Bowie featured in the article. I like knives, I don't collect them quite like some do, and for a knife to catch my eye means something.

Anyway, I emailed Billy (the knifemaker, Billy Helton) and he and I have exchanged emails a few times. He seems like an awesome guy. Old-fashioned, attention to detail, charismatic, the kind of guy I want to do business with.

He's been busy since the article ran, but his prices and customer service are still top notch. Please check his site out, find the article in Handgunner, and maybe you'll be like me and suddenly have the need for one or two of his reasonably priced works of art.

BTW, I can't quote the exact price, but the one below is less than $100 and completely hand-made by him.

www.heltonknives.com

Here's the link for the article

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/FMGPublications/AmericanHandgunner/AHND10/?page=64

Attachments

• Helton.jpg
      Helton.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 148

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    All I can say is PM Billy. Check the pics out from Handgunner, and decide for yourself. This guy makes his own damascus too. I can't imagine how labor intensive that is. But it speaks volumes about his approach to his craft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom