• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I am so sick of this. Every year I dread the convening of the State legislature. Ive never committed a crime. I just want to be left alone.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wire-is-finished-but-baltimore-still-bleeds-11581119104?shareToken=st85c25ac583574bb69dbe4275a1b139b4&reflink=article_email_share&fbclid=IwAR2zIlHrOtRxdMU0-ltR8JiH7oP0T6urh79f0Zqa1gqhgWYAKAiiMQD7g7M

Baltimore rang in the New Year with crime-scene tape and blood stains. Although 2019’s murder toll isn’t final yet, the city hit a 25-year high with 348 killings. In 1993, when Baltimore notched its all-time high of 353 killings, Charm City had 130,000 more residents than today. In 2020, Baltimore is shrinking as well as being violent and corrupt.

The Baltimore Police Department is a wreck. It has had five chiefs in four years. The department has 500 fewer officers than it did a decade ago, and arrests have dropped 48% over the past five years.

During the 2015 riots, then-Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake told police to stand down and give rioters “space to destroy.”

While the city has become a killing field, the homicide unit is staffed by only 45 detectives who are actively working cases. Those detectives are expected to solve hundreds of nonmurder cases as well.

Baltimore’s police have proven themselves to be corrupt, brutal and inept. Last year prosecutors revealed that an elite gun-crime task force was essentially acting as a rogue criminal enterprise. Hundreds of criminal cases have been compromised because of bad behavior on the part of police.

State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby has put fewer killers behind bars annually than her predecessor. Between 2015 and 2018, fewer than 1 in 6 charged murderers in Baltimore earned a prison sentence. Ms. Mosby has lost or dropped 43% of her homicide cases. Most urban prosecutors win 70% of their cases. Worse, Ms. Mosby has allowed 76 convicted killers to accept probation and return to Baltimore’s streets.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Lol

(III) A PERSON WHO VOLUNTARILY REGISTERS AN ASSAULT
    25 LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON AS DESCRIBED IN SUBPARAGRAPH (II) OF THIS
    26 PARAGRAPH IS SUBJECT TO:
    27 1. ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1,
    28 2021, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $290 PER FIREARM;
    29 2. ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE NOVEMBER
    30 1, 2022, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $580 PER FIREARM; AND
    31 3. ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 2022, AND BEFORE MAY
    32 1, 2023, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $1,000 PER FIREARM.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wire-is-finished-but-baltimore-still-bleeds

Baltimore rang in the New Year with crime-scene tape and blood stains. Although 2019’s murder toll isn’t final yet, the city hit a 25-year high with 348...

Thanks for the look behind the paywall, saving this for future use!

Echo6mike, going mobile...

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Lol

(III) A PERSON WHO VOLUNTARILY REGISTERS AN ASSAULT
    25 LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON AS DESCRIBED IN SUBPARAGRAPH (II) OF THIS
    26 PARAGRAPH IS SUBJECT TO:
    27 1. ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE MAY 1,
    28 2021, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $290 PER FIREARM;
    29 2. ON OR AFTER MAY 1, 2021, AND BEFORE NOVEMBER
    30 1, 2022, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $580 PER FIREARM; AND
    31 3. ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 2022, AND BEFORE MAY
    32 1, 2023, A REGISTRATION FEE NOT EXCEEDING $1,000 PER FIREARM.

I didn't understand the part after that one, because one needs to look up text that isn't in the bill. So I did that. Here is the section I'm talking about:

IV) 1. A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT
    LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2020, AND WHO REGISTERS
    THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON ON OR AFTER JANUARY 1, 2021, AND
    BEFORE MAY 1,2023, ONLY AFTER BEING DISCOVERED IN POSSESSION OF THE
    ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, IS
    NOT SUBJECT TO THE PENALTIES IN §4–306 OF THIS SUBTITLE.

2. A PERSON DESCRIBED IN SUBSUBPARAGRAPH 1 OF
    THIS SUBPARAGRAPH IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND ON CONVICTION IS
    SUBJECT TO IMPRISONMENT NOT EXCEEDING 1 YEAR FOR EACH INCIDENT IN WHICH
    THE PERSON IS DISCOVERED WITH UNREGISTERED FIREARMS.​

§4-306 isn't even included in this bill text! Here it is.

4-306 Criminal law:

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, a person who violates this subtitle is guilty of a
    misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not
    exceeding $5,000 or both.
    (b)(1) A person who uses an assault weapon, or a magazine that has a capacity of more than
    10 rounds of ammunition, in the commission of a felony or a crime of violence as defined in § 5-101
    of the Public Safety Article is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction, in addition to any other
    sentence imposed for the felony or crime of violence, shall be sentenced under this subsection.

So, what this means is after May 1st (May Day for Commies), 2023, if one is found with such a firearm, it will be 3 years or up to $5K. Before then, it's up to 1 year PER if one is found by a LEO. Did I read this right?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    So, what this means is after May 1st (May Day for Commies), 2023, if one is found with such a firearm, it will be 3 years or up to $5K. Before then, it's up to 1 year PER if one is found by a LEO. Did I read this right?

I read it the same way. It's almost as if they don't want to start throwing the major penalties until after any court challenges have run their course. Maybe to limit potential 1983 suit damages against the state if the bill is found unconstitutional?

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I am not going to give them a way out of this on here but they are severely F’ing up a few things on this. I’d rather leave it in as it should easily allow injunctions to go through.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    You both summed up my thoughts. Both of these new bills royally piss me off but five hours of drive time to be ignored by Dinglebeary seems like a waste, just need to make sure I can make it to the SB... On an unrelated topic, do either of you own a boat?

Thanks SG. I just wish I started doing this sooner, nobody tells you what's going on in Annapolis, you have to seek it out.

Use that line in your testimony. It is 100 percent true. "Nobody tells you what is going on in Annapolis, you have to seek it out". I will see you at the hearing.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Only an idiot would "voluntarily" register their guns and "voluntarily" pay hundreds of dollars in fees.
    The gun grabbers can kiss my ass. There's no duty to comply with such unconstitutional infringements.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    We all know the real reasons behind this bill. I haven't heard their stated reason, their spinned cover story on what good they think it will do. Anyone got that?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Truth. Fortunately we only have one poster boy for the Moms Who Get No Action on the thread so far.

So the MD GA is only responsible for one death of a firearm owner (so far) with their Red Flag legislation.

Their hands are not so clean in Baltimore; failure to act by passing responsible and effective legislation certainly contributed to the hundreds of deaths there annually.

One might be tempted to make a case on the basis of the differing nature of the populations involved.

No matter how you look at it, they have blood on their hands.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    How many letters did the colonists send to the British declaring their unhappiness with proposed laws? How many rallies did they have where they waved signs threatening non compliance?
    Its a good thing that the colonists couldn’t look into the future and see us cowards giving up all of the rights that they fought for. When it comes down to it, everyone will comply and give up their rights...we continually do and continue to draw the line further back in the sand. There’s no sand left between us and there’s a cliff behind us.
    Yeah we may grumble and wave signs, but we’ll comply because we’re law abiding cowards.

Many of us have already made the mental switch from "law-abiding" subjects to "outlaw" freemen.

In the parlance of my D&D nerd youth, I've changed alignments from lawful-good to chaotic-good.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Well, a large fine and prison time is a decent reason to comply. While you wish that the Democrats rot in hell, the people caught up in this BS might be rotting in prison before they make it to Heaven.

The vast majority of "gun crimes" in Baltimore and Maryland as a whole are barely prosecuted. And 99% for a 1st offense you'll get probation before judgment.

All of that being said, living in Maryland is not worth it. If there were other awesome benefits to living there then yea it would be a hard choice, but GTFO.

Come to FL, we don't have any squegge boy crews down here, FL is still very much a pro-gun state, +7 million of us have CCW permits and everybody has at least 1 AR or AK. We do need some help fighting off a Liberal invasion though.

A $300,000 home in most of FLorida is either brand new or less than 5 years old and comes with a lanai and in-ground pool in a gated community. Taxes? Hahahhahah

Also much hotter women (they stay hotter down here longer, the "wall" is postponed a bit due to climate)

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    How many letters did the colonists send to the British declaring their unhappiness with proposed laws? How many rallies did they have where they waved signs threatening non compliance?
    Its a good thing that the colonists couldn’t look into the future and see us cowards giving up all of the rights that they fought for. When it comes down to it, everyone will comply and give up their rights...we continually do and continue to draw the line further back in the sand. There’s no sand left between us and there’s a cliff behind us.
    Yeah we may grumble and wave signs, but we’ll comply because we’re law abiding cowards.

How long have you lived in Maryland? I ask because you sound defeated, and that is certainly understandable. If your perspective is only based in Maryland then I totally get it.

For every man on this board there are probably 20 "men" in Maryland that believe no one should have guns at all. Maryland is a cucked state sadly.

Now of course every state has cucks but in my 30 years in Maryland they were everywhere, scared of everything, scared to take risks. Quick to summon authorities if they feel "wronged".

Our forefathers were the ultimate risk-takers.....testosterone levels were much higher back then, don't laugh but normal to high levels of testosterone leads to more risks being taken. The vast majority of men have low T nowadays. I highly recommend TRT for any man over 30, will change your life in ways you never thought possible, but I'll digress.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    You both summed up my thoughts. Both of these new bills royally piss me off but five hours of drive time to be ignored by Dinglebeary seems like a waste, just need to make sure I can make it to the SB... On an unrelated topic, do either of you own a boat?

Thanks SG. I just wish I started doing this sooner, nobody tells you what's going on in Annapolis, you have to seek it out.

As a fellow 5 hr plus roundtrip-per I can sympathize on focusing your efforts where they will make the most impact. I would encourage to never miss an opportunity to chastise Dingleberry and the other cronies in the HJC, for attempting to further their tyrannical control. Pushback is necessary. Even if it’s just to say, thanks for giving me another reason to buy another an AR. Pew pew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The vast majority of "gun crimes" in Baltimore and Maryland as a whole are barely prosecuted. And 99% for a 1st offense you'll get probation before judgment.

All of that being said, living in Maryland is not worth it. If there were other awesome benefits to living there then yea it would be a hard choice, but GTFO.

Come to FL, we don't have any squegge boy crews down here, FL is still very much a pro-gun state, +7 million of us have CCW permits and everybody has at least 1 AR or AK. We do need some help fighting off a Liberal invasion though.

A $300,000 home in most of FLorida is either brand new or less than 5 years old and comes with a lanai and in-ground pool in a gated community. Taxes? Hahahhahah

Also much hotter women (they stay hotter down here longer, the "wall" is postponed a bit due to climate)

My in-laws lived in Clearwater, Florida up until this past October when they moved to a suburb outside of Atlanta. Think I would pick Georgia or South Carolina over Florida.

I stay here because my parents and all 4 of my siblings are in central Maryland. However, I did just move to a county that I hope is an upgrade from where I had been living.

The traffic in the Clearwater/Tampa area isn't anything to brag about. In the 15 years I have been going down there, it continued to get worse and worse and worse.

My in-laws sold their house for just under $400k, and it wasn't anything to write home about either. Nice house, but no yard at all and about the same square footage as my last place, but without a basement.

Then, the summers are hot as ...................

Oh yeah, and then there were the hurricanes. Yep, if I was going to leave Maryland, Florida would not be my ideal place to relocate. Probably better than Maryland, but not my cup of tea.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The precise reason for me testifying "in favor" was to be able to state the absolute insanity of SB0208- theft would be trivial compared to a loan. I did this to say it in front of the demanding mommies and say it while the senators were still listening. I can't speak for "the choir', but my clarification that I was in favor because if it passes, a lot of eyes would be opened was intentional and planned. I surely got Sen Smith's attention with that statement. Of course this was before this thread's calamity of a bill was proposed.

Mysteriously being appointed to Sen Lee's panel of experts was an added bonus to my sinister plan.

Fabsroman- Other than holding a "More Patriots Than You Have Handcuffs" sign on one night, what have you done to help? I see your posts here, but am unaware of any other actions on your behalf. We need all the attorneys we can get to help the cause. You haven't offered any suggestions as to how you think we should proceed.
    Please advise,
    Kyle/Squaregrouper

I understood what you were trying to do. Some on here got it too. There were some who did not, even among those present. I was hesitant to say what I did because you are one of those who is there instead of just being a keyboard commando like some are. Unfortunately, the only people who saw you were those in the room at the time and a few who have watched the posted video. The rest of the senate did not see it, and that is the point. The law of unintended consequences. Some times it happens and only becomes clear in hind sight. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom