• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    I have an old 870 and was thinking about sending it to Wilson combat to have it converted to their border patrol model. Anyone have any experience with this?

It's an old duck hunting gun with several layers of spray paint camo. Its not worth anything to anybody but me. It has not been to the marsh in 20 yrs and probably won't go back. There are others that will fit that purpose.

There is nothing special about this gun, it is an express magnum. It looks like the conversion will be about $755.00 (plus shipping). Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I would save the money and do it yourself, but confidence is everything and if your comfortable with what you want to do go for it. FWIW I don't specifically know what their going to do to improve an 870 short of installing a steel trigger bow or install ghost ring sights.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I think a Benelli Nova Tactical is a better option. Save some money, keep a good hunting shotgun and spend the remainder on ammo. A1 Uniform Sales is now a stocking Benelli Dealer and should have them in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom