• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    What's your recommended scope mount or rings under $80? I will be mounting a vortex 4-10x44 or 6-18x44 on my M4 carbine.

I see good reviews on the Burris PEPR

Thanks

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    The Burris is ok but it's freakin heavy. Can't go wrong with an aero precision or Nikon mount either

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    For under $80, you're not getting something reliably QD with RTZ. So, I'd recommend the Aero Precision Ultralight mount... at least you'll save on weight.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    For under $80, you're not getting something reliably QD with RTZ. So, I'd recommend the Aero Precision Ultralight mount... at least you'll save on weight.

257c6b63c49e3f0b8d4f0bd1a7905577.jpg

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    There was a good article in an issue of Recoil magazine a couple of issues back. The PEPR mount was just about the same weight of the AD mount. I would get the Aero precision fixed mount. Lite and cheap. I have the pepr and its OK. I have it with a 1-4 power with the idea I could remove it. I think I may get a 4-16 on a different mount that's not QD. The pepr in that article was the worst on RTZ.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Thanks all. Weight is not an issue for me as this will be a bench rifle set up. Also I looked the Aero Precision mount, it costs slight more expensive As of now I was about to find the Burris for about 75 without the QD option because I am not quite comfortable if that's gonna hold zero even tho my aim point has QD. I think I will go with the Burris.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have a PEPR and I have removed and replaced it and it held zero either within a quarter inch or to the best of my ability to repeat the shots. Use camelcamelcamel.com with an amazon product code. You will find it for $75 possibly during the holiday weekend.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Thanks all. Weight is not an issue for me as this will be a bench rifle set up. Also I looked the Aero Precision mount, it costs slight more expensive As of now I was about to find the Burris for about 75 without the QD option because I am not quite comfortable if that's gonna hold zero even tho my aim point has QD. I think I will go with the Burris.

In my experience, the locking mechanism on the PEPR QD mount was shit. Nevermind RTZ, it wouldn't hold zero even without removing it. Definitely get the non-QD if you go this route.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just wanna make sure the mount leaves clearance for the objective bell. Prolly need a medium height mount for those scopes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom