• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    Is there a reason you don't want to just get a dedicated 9mm lower? You're pretty much at the same price point anyway.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Theres too much adjustment that not necessary with the Spikes.

Get a Hahn top loader and be done with it. There is 2 types. 1 without a built in Bolt Hold Open (Requires you ro remove the Bolt Catch on the lower to install, and then reinstall it.

2 *(This one is better IMO) is the NON Bolt Hold Open which installs without removing your Bolt Catch. You lose the magazine activated BHO, but the Bolt Catch will still work to hold the bolt back. If you want a BHO then get a long finger 9mm Colt Bolt Catch.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Theres too much adjustment that not necessary with the Spikes.

Get a Hahn top loader and be done with it. There is 2 types. 1 without a built in Bolt Hold Open (Requires you ro remove the Bolt Catch on the lower to install, and then reinstall it.

2 *(This one is better IMO) is the NON Bolt Hold Open which installs without removing your Bolt Catch. You lose the magazine activated BHO, but the Bolt Catch will still work to hold the bolt back. If you want a BHO then get a long finger 9mm Colt Bolt Catch.

+1 I used 2 of the Hahn top loaders with bolt hold open and they work flawlessly.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I have a spikes but I am thinking about going with a glock lower since I already have mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom