• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LAPD

Jan 23, 2013
    I have an M59/66 Yugo SKS that doesn't cycle reliably. I think that the problem is the gas valve. I found a few other threads that mentioned some makers. I am looking at three different ones.

CNCWarrior has one that is described as an exact replacement for $10 http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=20852

Numrich has one for $20 http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/842810.htm

Then there is this stainless one from Murray's that claims to improve reliability by being slightly over-sized. This one is $20 as well.
    http://www.murraysguns.com/sks_gv.htm

Does anyone have any experience with the parts from any of these places? I am wondering if the stainless, over-sized one from Murray's would be a better choice than the basic $10 one. Their products have good reviews on their website.

I own an M59/66 SKS rifle and I had a problem with my rifle cycling. I installed a stainless steel valve from Murray's and that solved the problem. I have bought a few things from Murray's such as 922R compliance kit and his spring loaded firing pin for my M59/66 and they are all well made. Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• 002 - Copy.jpg
      002 - Copy.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 76

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Well that was fast. Ordered the valve from Murray's on Friday and it arrived today. Too bad it'll be a few weeks before i can get home and see how it works.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I just replaced the old gas valve with the Murray's one. Haven't shot it yet but the gas tube fits way tighter than it did with the old valve. Hopefully that will fix my problem.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Great morning shooting with platekiller. The sks worked great with new valve. every time it fired it cycled perfectly. Then we ran into other problems. I'm going to start a new thread for it.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    So we need some more help. Bud and I went and tested out his Sks today. The gas valve fixed the problem but then the firing pin wasn't striking the primes on ever few rounds. I was testing some reloads so I wasn't paying too much attention.

Anyway the firing pin was stuck out the back of the bolt and when I tapped it back forward it wasn't free floating. That's problem one. Here is a pic before tapping it back in

image-2755553510.jpg

Problem two is the fire control group isn't working now.

Ideas?

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Great morning shooting with platekiller. The sks worked great with new valve. every time it fired it cycled perfectly. Then we ran into other problems. I'm going to start a new thread for it.

Typed at the same time. I'll look for the thread and put the bolt pic there. But it was fun shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom