• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Have you used a Sirt training pistol? What are your thoughts on them? Thanks.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Use them all the time for trigger control, grip and stance work for beginners. Can be use to show proper technique for drawing from the holster while seated. Shows the path of draw. Works well with weapon retention and retrieval. Just a couple ideas for you.

ptman2000

Aug 19, 2013
    Riva, MD
    I was just recommended to pick one of these up as well by a good friend for training. He thinks that it really has helped him as well.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I use one quite a bit when I want to improve my shooting as well as during this time of year when it is snowy/wet. I use it along with a laser reader target system to practice various drills for speed, drawing maneuvers, reload drills, etc.. at home in my basement where I have some stages, timers, and other stuff set up on my computer. My SIRT pistol is a Glock 17 copy that is the exact weight as my regular pistol with the trigger set up at the same pull, reset, etc... It's nice.

I also use it to help me warm up before a pistol match, and in between stages (heats), etc.. This has helped me save a fortune in ammo plus I can practice either away from the range, or along with my normal firearms at the range to practice trigger control while still getting recoil practice and trigger control from my real guns, etc..

It was expensive for everything, but it has for sure helped my shooting.

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Do you buy the target reader extra?
    Do you need dual color lasers? (There is a cheaper model with one color.)
    Thanks.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Do you buy the target reader extra?
    Do you need dual color lasers? (There is a cheaper model with one color.)
    Thanks.

***Target readers are extra, but you can just use a regular target paper or whatever shows contrast and see where you hit, or if you hit - but you won't be able to see groupings of multiple shots, etc... The target readers or other technology is nice but can be very expensive depending upon what you get.

You don't need dual color lasers and I only really use the green (like 20x brighter laser) one outdoors at the range. The dual red one's work fine indoors. You can set them staggered so you can clearly see the difference between pre-travel and firing on a target paper. You can also turn the pre-travel one off so only pressing the trigger fully (firing) shows the laser.

I have the one with dual colors and the metal slide, and it was expensive. The way I use it I would be just about as happy with only the engagement laser (firing) or both red lasers, etc.. I rarely use the green laser indoors as it is really bright and my laserlyte target readers only read red spectrum lasers anyway. I have another system that reads both red and green but it was *much* more expensive as it has timers, as well as different feedback sounds, reloading drills, and other stuff built in for competitive matches, defense drills, etc...

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Ice got one as well, and like it for all the reasons above. Plus, it's never too much of a chore to be doing some "shooting" in your living room. Makes dry fire more interesting with some feedback.

I've got the least expensive version, and the red/red is more than adequate for indoors and works outside as long as its not real bright out.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Does it reset the trigger? How does it work?

*****Dunno how it works from a mechanical perspective but it just works. It feels like the trigger on my Glocks. The trigger is adjustable for both take up, engagement, and reset distance. It's adjusted with an Allen wrench provided from the factory. I sent them the specs to my trigger (Vanek trigger) and they adjusted everything for me before shipping it out but gave me instructions to do it myself as well if I need to modify it in the future, etc..

The resetting trigger mechanism is available for non Sirt pistols as well for those that prefer to use their regular firearm for laser work or just dry fire practice at home without the laser, etc.. I think it is sold through glockworx and other such specialty stores for Glock pistols. I've tried them on a buddy's gun but it did not feel as nice as the one on my dedicated Sirt pistol. The resetting trigger for your own gun also has to be replaced with the regular one whenever you wish to shoot real ammo. I guess it's ok if you have several of the same gun but otherwise it seems like kind of a pain to keep swapping out before going to the range to shoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I have one but I never use it so I'm looking to sell it.

It just doesn't fit in with the kind of training stuffs I do, though it is kind of neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom