• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Dr. Carson crossed the line!

WBAL is reporting Carson thinks, "You Have No Right To Semi-Automatic Weapons In Large Cities". He tells Glenn Beck here: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/conserva...ht-to-semi-automatic-weapons-in-large-cities/

Yeah, at least he understands the problem. The problem is in the big cities, not the rural areas or suburbs of the big cities. The problem is also with handguns, not assault weapons or other long guns.

Me, I think after 30+ years of the war on drugs we should just legalize it all. If people don't want to raise their kids right and they get hooked on drugs, that is a problem they need to deal with. Get rid of all this gang money, etc. that these big cities are not able to get rid of. I think we all know that illicit drugs are readily available in the US anyway.

Rockslammer84

Jan 13, 2013
    He seems like a really great guy and has his stuff together. I'd love to see a Carson/Rubio or Carson/Cruz ticket in 2016

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Sounds like an answer given by someone who has not given the subject of the 2A a lot of thought. I believe (I hope ) we can educate him; Someone or some group on our side really needs to reach out to him.

Interesting thought...perhaps he has been influence by the same negative forces that brainwashed the main population.

jhud10

Aug 28, 2010
    Perry Hall
    GREAT MAN, he did both of my brothers brain surgery's 1st at age 2 and 2nd at age 5. i've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    So not a perfect 2A response but given his command of the foundations of this country I'm hopeful that with a little work we could pull him the rest of the way over. Certainly not as bad as many of the alternatives. Plus he did say it wasn't the role of the federal government to impose any such geographic restrictions. As POTUS he just took 2A restrictions off the table then. Worst case scenario, even if he never moves off his current understanding of the 2A it would still be good for us. Look at his political philosophy across the board. What sorts of judges do you think he's going to appoint to the federal court system including the SCOTUS? It's pretty safe to say he'd be elevating folks like Judge Legg based on the spectrum of his positions.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Follow-up: While I would never consider voting for or against someone on the basis of their skin color (unlike many sadly in the last two elections) by pure coincidence of color it may be that I now will have an unbroken streak of voting in three consecutive primaries for an African American: Alan Keyes in 2008, Herman Cain in 2012, and Dr. Ben Carson in 2016.

MicheleM

Feb 13, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't understand his rationale. Is there a study that tells him there are likely more "crazy" people in the cities?

We just don't have the full depth of his opinion yet. And I'm sure the fact that he's a medical doctor and took an oath to preserve life first gives him a different perspective. He's not opposed to "assault weapons" per se, just to those in high crime (crazy) areas having them. I'd like to hear more of his thoughts on this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    He seems like a logical and reasonable man. Perhaps with some education on the matter he may change his opinion.

wvuguy

Mountain Man
    Jan 23, 2012
    Garrett County
    I love the man, I think if he did the research on gun control he would find out it is a gang problem not a gun problem. And the man did perform life saving brain surgery on me as a baby so I vote for him.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Carson should stick to Medicine.

I'd rather have a trained or semi-trained person next to me in Baltimore than none at all if there was an attempt mass attack.

But here is the big Elephant - it's called White Flight!

Ever heard of that?

White people left Detroit, well I know that I'm forced into "Normal Everyday Decent People" Flight.

I don't commune is bad areas, that goes for any city.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Semi auto's for country-folks only, huh? It was fun while it lasted. :sad20:

I'm always suspicious of people who quickly rise out of thin air. He's not a known quantity (like the current occupant of the White House), so people ascribe their hopes and dreams to him.

Let's not buy into the cult of personality- that's the left's specialty.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    My guess is that he probably thought Glenn Beck meant fully-automatic, not semi-automatic.

7A38

Maybe. But his instinct was all wrong.

He's thinking about logistics (big open space = fine for a rifle) rather than constitutional or natural rights. That shows a complete misunderstanding of 2A.

Even his logistical view of 2A was silly. As a practical matter, you'd rather have a city full of AR's because they are not concealable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom