• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Testimony regarding the HB wrapped up around 3:45 am March 2nd.
    (The "Live Feed" thread has turned into quite a monster!)
    Everyone that remained got to speak.

Those that "registered" and testified:
    1307 people AGAINST the Bill (Pro-2A)
    32 people FOR the Bill (Anti-gun)

Obviously many more showed up, Fire Marshall restricted access to the building due to overcrowding, at several points, for safety reasons.

Thanks to the delegates/representatives that stayed and listened.

A HUGE THANK YOU to all that showed up to testify in support of our rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ending at 3:45 they obviously did not hear from all 1307 people. That would have been great if they did.

Nobody was turned away, though. It is certainly understandable that people needed to get home. Unlike the Senate, the House was very respectful. Anyone who wanted to speak got the chance and most went over a minute (some well over 2-3 minutes). They may not vote our way, but they had far more class than Frosh.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Nobody was turned away, though. It is certainly understandable that people needed to get home. Unlike the Senate, the House was very respectful. Anyone who wanted to speak got the chance and most went over a minute (some well over 2-3 minutes). They may not vote our way, but they had far more class than Frosh.

+1 they were as respectful and thanking for the testimony from the first to the last person who chose to testify ...

stonet21

Mar 4, 2009
    Closer to the end of the night, they were calling up a lot of people that had left. I everyone would have stayed, they would probably still be hearing testimony.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Yeah you can't blame people though. I testified at around 10:30 or 11 and then I still had about an hour drive back home and I'm sure some people had longer drives. It was all I could do to stay awake.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    How many pages of written testimony were ultimately turned in, in addition to the crowd yesterday?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Closer to the end of the night, they were calling up a lot of people that had left. I everyone would have stayed, they would probably still be hearing testimony.

Actually, Vallerio would have dragged them all in today to hear the rest of the people if it would have been too many to get through by morning. They were determined to hear everyone.

bn_bullet

Nov 15, 2008
    Southern Maryland

Yes, I think everyone was treated with respect too. Most of the representatives seemed to pay attention to the testimony and stay engaged. We were able to to test their endurance though!

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    WBAL reported 100's showed up in support of the bill and about 100 against. The picture they showed on the news zoomed in really close to the crowd so you could only see a handfull. Same with MOM. If you took away his staff there would only be a few people standing. Thanks to all who testifies in support of our rights.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Yeah you can't blame people though. I testified at around 10:30 or 11 and then I still had about an hour drive back home and I'm sure some people had longer drives. It was all I could do to stay awake.

What # were you? I was 805, and I believe when I left they were at ~300

Feb 28, 2013
    Actually, Vallerio would have dragged them all in today to hear the rest of the people if it would have been too many to get through by morning. They were determined to hear everyone.

Is that the same Vallario that wouldn't let Jessica's Law out of committee?

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.

Well as much as I disagree with Vallerio and his tactics, I guess I should give him some credit for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom