Does the AWB Discourage you from Gun Ownership?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does the impending/thread of AWB Discourage you from Gun Ownership?

• Yes, its not worth fighting anymore.

Votes: 3 2.5%
    • Undecided and Unsure but leaning about walking away.

Votes: 10 8.3%
    • Molon Labe

Votes: 108 89.3%

• Total voters

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    It encouraged me to buy more guns, mags and ammo...

Yes. Guns, mags, ammo AND a full reloading rig for the calibers I shoot.

Good job, anti-gun people. It's a good thing you dimwits aren't in charge of defending the Republic. Or even changing a light bulb. :sad20:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I think that this latest round of BS from Obama, Omalley, etc has done more to galvanize the gun-owning community than anything else I can remember.
    They have woken the sleeping giant and I hope to see wall to wall pissed off gun owners in Annapolis on Wednesday.
    While there may be some who are already throwing in the towel I think that there is many times more that are getting involved for the first time.

expat

Aug 29, 2012
    Well, since all this sh_t started I bought my first high-capacity rifle with the flash hider and bayonet thingies. And some more hi-cap pistol mags. What does that mean?

We know what the real answer is -- just go to any gun store right now and ask to buy an AR-15, a handgun, or some ammo. The People have voted with their wallets!

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Ive Purchased my first AR15, High Capacity Mags, and waiting on purchasing more depending on what OMalley says 2-6. "Molon Labe" its in my nature.....I dont like anyone telling my I shouldnt have a right that is natural or that others can but I can not......I make my stands!

Armed Citizen

Jul 27, 2010
    I'm actually encouraged. I felt like one AR was enough for me, but this crap makes me want a other just to stick it in their eye a bit.

Eff them.

+1000 Makes me just want to get all the firearms I can, especially ones that will be attacked/banned....after sending contributions to the NRA, MSI, and SAF of course :D

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Sure, I'll bite. I don't own an AR. I'd like to, but I don't have the kind of cash to just drop on one. I was trying to save up before Christmas for something entry-level, but then the madness started. Now I definitely don't have the cash at the current prices, especially for something that very conceivably I could wind up not able to use for more than a couple of months. "Molon Labe" sounds great, but I have a wife to provide for, and with what I do, a felony means I never work in my field again (lose my job and can never get my professional license) and therefore have wasted pretty much the last ten years of my life.

So yeah, while I would love to be in a place where I could stand up for what I KNOW is right, the State of Maryland quite simply has too much power over whether my family eats or not. So risk/reward, on a personal scale... I can't justify it. Am I happy with the decision? Not at all, but it is what it is, and you play with the hand you're dealt, not the one you wish you had.

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    Everything in life is timing. I feel for you, you aren't (and cant be) "there" yet. It's up to the few now.

bn_bullet

Nov 15, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    The recent current events and political climate has not at all discouraged me from gun ownership. To the contrary, I am digging my heels in and intend to preserve my right to purchase and own firearms in many forms.

Why should the politicians decide what is good for me and my family?

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    While I responded with "undecided" my answer is definitely NO! My rights were given to me by my founding fathers of this country, and I refuse to curl up and crawl away like so many of the sheep do these days!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There needs to be a third option there - I won't walk away and I won't stop fighting to maintain rights that should be untouchable for American citizens.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Sure, I'll bite. I don't own an AR. I'd like to, but I don't have the kind of cash to just drop on one. I was trying to save up before Christmas for something entry-level, but then the madness started. Now I definitely don't have the cash at the current prices, especially for something that very conceivably I could wind up not able to use for more than a couple of months. "Molon Labe" sounds great, but I have a wife to provide for, and with what I do, a felony means I never work in my field again (lose my job and can never get my professional license) and therefore have wasted pretty much the last ten years of my life.

So yeah, while I would love to be in a place where I could stand up for what I KNOW is right, the State of Maryland quite simply has too much power over whether my family eats or not. So risk/reward, on a personal scale... I can't justify it. Am I happy with the decision? Not at all, but it is what it is, and you play with the hand you're dealt, not the one you wish you had.

The current political ******** environment and complete and utter attack on our Second Amendment rights has turned me into a full on frickin' gun nut. I am as pissed off as anyone about this attack on our rights, but I can completely understand the opinion of the post above. When they try to "come and take 'em" and you're standing opposite the National Guard with full auto weapons and you look down to see that you're one guy with a few hundred rounds of .223, 9mm and the like, I just don't see you standing a chance if you plan on protecting your family and livelihood. I hate to say this and hope it never comes to this, and I I know many will put up a hell of a fight, but I just don't see it as realistic. I hope I'm wrong though, for all of our sakes.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon

Your happy life will be short lived if you think gun banes are the end of it. Good thing our founders didn't feel this way.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    The current political ******** environment and complete and utter attack on our Second Amendment rights has turned me into a full on frickin' gun nut. I am as pissed off as anyone about this attack on our rights, but I can completely understand the opinion of the post above. When they try to "come and take 'em" and you're standing opposite the National Guard with full auto weapons and you look down to see that you're one guy with a few hundred rounds of .223, 9mm and the like, I just don't see you standing a chance if you plan on protecting your family and livelihood. I hate to say this and hope it never comes to this, and I I know many will put up a hell of a fight, but I just don't see it as realistic. I hope I'm wrong though, for all of our sakes.

Divide and Conquer is the plan, looks like it's starting to work. State by state and man by man, one at a time they will fall when standing alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom