• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Nov 12, 2008
    SoMD
    Nothing from Senator Dyson but here's the reply from Delagate Bohanan's office.
    Dear Paul;

Thank you very much for contacting Delegate Bohanan regarding the upcoming firearms bill debates and votes. All Gun Legislation will come before the Judiciary Committee on which he does not serve. If it comes out of Committee to the House floor for a vote by the entire body he will keep your views in mind. He appreciates your time and respects your concerns. He is considering the views of his constituents on these issues.

Sincerely,

Office of Delegate John L. Bohanan, Jr

phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    Last Monday I spoke with MARK N. FISHER Republican, District 27B, Calvert County in person. Mark is with us on this issue. Mark said and i quote" I will not even support the Hi-capacity magazine limit".He assured me that he was against HB-281. Phipp

bn_bullet

Nov 15, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I would not trust Bohanan with any gun control legislation. He consistently votes the party line and is more interested in preserving his political future with the party. That is why he is being noncommital now. Significant pressure will be needed to get him to vote against gun control legislation.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    In 2010 Dyson only won by 1200 votes (~3% of vote). Remind he's not untouchable.

I noticed he got a check from Marylanders For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership for $2,000 as well. :sad20::crazy:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Last Monday I spoke with MARK N. FISHER Republican, District 27B, Calvert County in person. Mark is with us on this issue. Mark said and i quote" I will not even support the Hi-capacity magazine limit".He assured me that he was against HB-281. Phipp

In a sea of blue it is nice to have someone on my side for a change.:party29:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I ran into Roy Dyson at the barbershop today, so we had a chat. There was a "County Times" paper there with a letter in it against the gun ban that was pretty good. I simply asked him to read it. I even loaned him my reading glasses. We talked for a while and I told him I'd be in Annapolis Wednesday. He said to stop by the office sometime between 11 and 1.

I didn't belabor the point, but I told him we really feel kicked in the guts and need some help. He nodded and was sympathetic, but didn't offer anything concrete, but then I didn't expect him to. I told him people in rural areas feel really disenfranchised.

Anyway, I've talked to him in the barbershop before and he's s decent guy, but he's just one. I think he's with us, but we need more.

A funny thing: there were a couple LEO's in there getting their hair cut. When one heard what I was talking to Roy about, he flashed me a thumbs up.

Keep trying, folks.

Hollywood barbershop?

Paul

Nov 12, 2008
    SoMD
    I decided to thank the Delegate Bohanan's office for the reply (as bad as it was) and reminded them there are many sportsmen and their famililes will remember at election time how his vote went.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

Just got the same response:

Thank you for your recent e-mail with reference to the Governor’s Proposed Gun Ban Legislation and/or Senate Bill 281.

Gun control has been and will continue to be a very controversial issue. Since my tenure in the House of Delegates, the United States Congress and in the Maryland Senate, my views have not changed. Please be assured that I will not support SB 281 or any other gun control measures.

Our second amendment rights must not be infringed but upheld. I will continue to fight with due diligence to defend our Constitutional right to bear arms.

Glad he finally woke up

MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    I just received this from Dyson's office:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail with reference to the Governor’s Proposed Gun Ban Legislation and/or Senate Bill 281.

Gun control has been and will continue to be a very controversial issue. Since my tenure in the House of Delegates, the United States Congress and in the Maryland Senate, my views have not changed. Please be assured that I will not support SB 281 or any other gun control measures.

Our second amendment rights must not be infringed but upheld. I will continue to fight with due diligence to defend our Constitutional right to bear arms.

Senator Dyson"

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Seems this is all canned, prepared response. We'll see if he sticks to his guns ( so to speak).

Yep, they are canned, but they are the right answer. When I spoke to one of his staffers yesterday she told me what they were going through. In her words..."we're getting thousands of contacts each day". They were in the process of sorting through them to determine which stack to put them in and what the responses would be.

I'd love to see his response to one of the folks who are asking him to support more gun control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom