• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Can anyone point me in the direction of manufacturers that make unusual shot shells for specific applications. I'm interested in less than lethal, breaching shells, etc., but primarily I am looking for slugs designed for penetration. A slug with a steel core perhaps, or something along that line. Something that would go through an engine block?

Thanks

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Thus far my youtube searching has only turned up weaponized silly putty, which makes a pretty impressive cavity in a block of clay. :lol2:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The full powered Brtennekes penetrate like all getout an and several are market for LE high penetration use. When they first came on the market , the BRIs were also noted for their great penetration.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    The full powered Brtennekes penetrate like all getout an and several are market for LE high penetration use. When they first came on the market , the BRIs were also noted for their great penetration.

The Brenneke Special Forces Maximum Barrier Penetration appear to be worth a look.

Thanks everyone.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Stay away from firequest there ammo is crap and they will not stand behind it. Permantly damaged a mossy 500 shoting their junk!:envy:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I remember seeing these in a magazine once. No idea on performance.

http://ddupleks.com/index.php/en/products.html

About 5 years ago, I bought a couple hundred rounds of their 1 1/8 oz solid slugs and prefragmented slugs. Very well made. High brass. Stout loads. Cycled my 1100 tac-2 flawlessly. Put nice holes in the blown LS 1 small block we used for target practice... Even punctured the sleeves.

Still have not tried the prefragmented stuff.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    About 5 years ago, I bought a couple hundred rounds of their 1 1/8 oz solid slugs and prefragmented slugs. Very well made. High brass. Stout loads. Cycled my 1100 tac-2 flawlessly. Put nice holes in the blown LS 1 small block we used for target practice... Even punctured the sleeves.

Still have not tried the prefragmented stuff.

Good to know. 1100 tac-2 is my go to HD shotgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom