• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    Sunday 5 Mar 06 I told my 11 year old son to get dressed because were going into the woods. I took along an old remington I inherited from my father who shot it as a kid. I taught my son how to not get lost in the woods by various methods that I learned over the years, in the Army and out. Showed him game trails and how deer walk the slopes. Showed him why trout faced upstream. Showed him walnut trees and various hickorys and oaks. Took that little single shot and plinked away with 22 shorts as not to scare the dog we had, I'll graduate her up the various calibers later. I showed him how bullets can drop going a certain distance. I taught that kid how to shoot freehanded standing up and he impressed me and made me proud as a father. That 11 year old can shoot. I cannot remember having a better time with my son than what I had that day on Sunday.:)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I completely enjoyed the first time I took my 9 year old daughter to the range. It was a little stressfull at first because of all the other shooters (and the inevitable yahoo that cam next to us and starting blasting away with his 44 magnum), but all in all a great feeling to see her get excited over getting a bullseye at 25 feet with a bolt action .22lr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom