• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Seems complicated. The Benchmade Axis Lock looks a lot simpler.

Also, sounds like the blade pivots in the G10 frame. So the G10 is the only stuff holding the blade/pivot?

Also, not cheap.

(I've become very fond of my benchmade 710; for a C-note I think it's an amazing knife, and a great deal. Axis lock, steel liners, nice heavy blade, got it all. It's become my standard of comparison for folders.)

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Seems complicated. The Benchmade Axis Lock looks a lot simpler.

Also, sounds like the blade pivots in the G10 frame. So the G10 is the only stuff holding the blade/pivot?

Also, not cheap.

(I've become very fond of my benchmade 710; for a C-note I think it's an amazing knife, and a great deal. Axis lock, steel liners, nice heavy blade, got it all. It's become my standard of comparison for folders.)

That's what I don't get. Benchmade seems to make better quality knives at more reasonable prices. I can't find anything to justify the price of the Hogue branded knives.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    Marketing. In the quest for the "Best" many people will buy it. After all, the higher the price, the better it is.

It this a Tier 1 knife? :D

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Priced a little too high I think. I would carry one if I got it for free though.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Price is pretty steep .Id like to get one in hand to check it out . That said I picked up a Benchmade 710 a few months back too . Love mine its a great knife as all the benchmades I have are .

I would go with a benchmade or spyderco if your in the market for a new knife . I cant knock CRKT either ,I have a few of those as well .

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    I have both a Benchmade (in 154cm) and a Spyderco. The Spyderco hold's it's edge a hell of a lot better then the Benchmade does. And neither were that expensive.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Picked up a CRKT Hissatu folder; I was disappointed in the spring assist; need a thumb like a mountain gorilla to get the thing open.

Pulled the spring, which takes a torx driver to accomplish, and it's much easier to flip open. But the lock system, while better than the usual liner lock, seems contrived to end in bloodshed unless great care and effort is taken in the closing process. Sharp and interesting blade, though. But I'll carry the Benchmade.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    154CM blade (instead of S30V or M390), G10 or aluminum (not Ti)...For the price, they don't seem like anything extraordinary.

In that price range and knife size, I would expect better/more appropriate blade steel and exotic metals (Titanium frame or bolsters)

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    Another example of people not sticking to what they do best. I wonder who make them for Hogue?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Whoa. Those prices. Yikes! For the same money, you can get a titanium Benchmade Lum, Subrosa, or Morpho or titanium Spyderco Military. All of them are made in USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom