• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    45/70 kicked my ass (and shoulder). I def need practice with larger calibers, as I flinch and can not hit sh!t.

Pull it in tight and lean into it , It makes a difference . I was hitting steel plates at 200 yards with NathanJ's Guide Gun on Thursday no bruises and im not sore .:thumbsup:

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    First, JMB designed the Winchester 86. The Browning Arms Co is a subsidiary of FNH and produced the Browning 1886 when Browning had aquired Winchester USRAC in 1989.

Now look on the barrel of your Browning and see where it was produced. Say the words with me, MIROKU, JAPAN. The same great Japanese manufacturing plant that produces Howa and the new Winchester 92.

So how much ROI is there on an over priced reproduction of a Belgian owned Browning made in Japan copy of a Winchester 1886 that is being sold now as a Winchester instead of a Browning for corporate marketing purposes?

Now I buy guns for shooting and not to be investments or safe queens. The Uberti pistols and rifles that Taylor & Co sells are great shooters and faithful reproductions of the original rifles and pistols, including the JMB designed Winchesters.

So your Browning 1886, like your modern music and dancing ain't really rock and roll but just a passing copy for the real stuff. And buying an overpriced copy just proves you've got great taste in rifles but you're a little long on dollars but a little short on sense.

aahhh, Huck how was your day?

I still love you.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    I also put a skinner peep sight on mine.

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

Mini Pearl shot

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    No nathan it was a crack in the wood at the lower screw hole from factory. That is all.:D In other words marlin and remington both are slipping in quality as to what they were a decade and more ago.:sad20: The guide gun is not for the faint at heart.

Did the factory fix it? Sometimes weak wood is hard to spot.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Yeah they did. No questions ask so props to them for that. Still pissed as it was my new hunting rifle that only got action in the second week.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    There was a time I loved remingtons. I still do have a place in my heart for the old ones. I think it is safe to say that alot of these gun companies do not have the quality they used to. Just my opinion.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    This was from a newer Remington 700 Varmint @ 100 yards. The flyer was my son, who I told to shoot the tannerite and he shot my target instead. RJ1974 will attest to this. It would have been better but I am totally new to this target shooting thing.
    They still make good ones. This economy has not been easy on anyone.
    IMG_1655.jpg

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    This was from a newer Remington 700 Varmint @ 100 yards. The flyer was my son, who I told to shoot the tannerite and he shot my target instead. RJ1974 will attest to this.
    They still make good ones. This economy has not been easy on anyone.

I was there the Remington and marlin shot just fine :thumbsup: So did the Glock but thats because it was not a .40 .:D

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    Funny my glock 40 hits soda cans from the tops of garbage cans at 40 yards. No complaints here!!:D I will be more than happy to prove it to anyone.:D Just bring ear plugs cause that compensation is louder than hell.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    My preference is .357 Mag for lever action. Henry has the Big Boy with octagon barrel in .357 and .44. If you can find one, don't overlook Rossi. Rossi lever actions are generally a nice gun for a few hundred less than a big bore Henry. I love my stainless .357 16" Rossi.

As lower-cost alternatives, first, there's the Henry Octagon Frontier in 22LR. I've got one. Really nice. There's also Henry's relatively-new round barrel .30-30 with ghost ring sights for about $650 street price. I've seen one in person and it's impressive for the money.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Huh? Just being honest. OK, maybe a little too brutally honest but I ain't here to hold hands and sing kumbaya.

If you think I'm being too hard, it's a hard life.

no Sir, I am just a fan of brutall honesty! and well you do it so well:lol2:

I have a browing 1886 rifle, it shots good looks good and for the orignal price I paid of $475.00 I will get a good return on my investment!
    BUT.... on the other hand i have a taylor 1892 in 357 that I shot the dog piss out off and its a fine rifle ( not as pretty as my browing 92)
    Hell I have a puma 92 in 45 colt that I had a action job done on that shoots slick as goose shit!

I just love lever guns!! Lets face it a good design is a good design as long as some ass monkey does not use cheep metal in the parts they are hard to fvck up!

Oh and I have never sang kumbaya, Ok, I may have hummed along once but I was trying to get laid at 4h summer camp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom