Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    FPS has the right idea!!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Got to love IMI, they've come up with some fun/interesting stuff over the years.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I gained my distrust of Aimpoints while in Iraq. After getting bounced around in the truck they would lose their zero. Maybe we just got the bottom of the barrel models. Battery life was good, but was probably just decreased because of the switch constantly getting inadvertently turned on. If I'm ever in a situation where I need the rifle, I want to be able to rely on it. Keeping it basic is, at least to me, a good way to keep it reliable.[/QUOTE

Yeah, it's the optic :sad20:. Let me clue you in on something- those optics passed a rigorous zero retention test that is a lot more than bouncing in a truck. My bet is that it wasn't mounted properly including loctite on screws and proper torque of the rail grabber.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That and on the Galil, IMI moved the rear sight further back for better 'accuracy'.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Both are great choices FPS, but they've always seemed to get left out for some reason...

I'd take an SOCOM M14 without a doubt, if I had one.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    An Argentinian FAL would work also, go FA and you have Anti-Aircraft covered...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I think SCAR would be taking a defensive pos. first if something went down, probably wouldn't want 'safe-raiders' dropping in...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd just want one of his 5.56 cans, let him loose with unsupressed SBR's, muzzle blast alone would have people running.

Af_catfish

Abandon All Hope
    Sep 6, 2011
    Bremen, Ohio
    Yeah, it's the optic :sad20:. Let me clue you in on something- those optics passed a rigorous zero retention test that is a lot more than bouncing in a truck. My bet is that it wasn't mounted properly including loctite on screws and proper torque of the rail grabber.

I'm sure the military tested them quite well. But these optics/rifles have been used and abused since 2004. So by the time we had them issued to us they were pretty rough. All that abuse adds up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom