• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Respectfully...

You’ve must not have seen the amount of damage that a pissed off abuser can mete out on their “loved one”. I assure you... it is NOT “100% about control”. Domestic Abuse is an EVIL thing.

Sure it is, but that doesn't mean we can violate someone's rights to due process just because domestic abuse exists.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Sure it is, but that doesn't mean we can violate someone's rights to due process just because domestic abuse exists.

Getting a domestic abuser locked up... is not violating their rights.

Taking a person in for an emergency evaluation after they’ve shown signs of instability... is not violating the person’s rights.

Yes... there are folks who do despicable things and file false reports to police and courts. And they may abuse this law. That is why I hate the law. However, the average LEO is very concerned about what they do with respect to civil rights. And they are NOT interested in violating yours.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Maybe that sounds witty to some. However, in all my years as a LEO and a LEO Supervisor... I’ve NEVER met even one LEO who said anything about going someplace wanting to shoot a person in their home. And frankly... the statement is incendiary rhetoric. And adds nothing positive to the otherwise civil discourse of this thread.

There are many LEOs... both active and retired... who are members here. All of them are just as supportive of the 2A RTKABA as anyone else here. Can they please get the respect they deserve for their efforts?

There are many good LEO’s that post here and they do deserve respect. I wasn’t insulting them and no offense to them intended. That said, I will always feel the no-knock raids and pre-dawn raids lead to far too many friendly’s getting killed and shouldn’t be done. It happens multiple times a year that some poor resident hears his front door get busted in and determines its a home invasion, only to be shot by the officers at the wrong address/right address but failed to identify as police.

I was being flippant, and don’t believe cops do it out of malice, but it’s hard to justify (to me) these type of raids outside gang territory.

Gun owners are NOT the enemies of LEOs.

You’re right that they’re not the enemies of ALL law enforcement. Again there are many good police, especially those posting here. However, with the FOP and Police Chiefs out there backing democrats and Everytown, they are definitely the enemy of some police. If not, they have an odd way of showing their support, like giving money to PETA while saying you support the meat packing industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Respectfully...

You’ve must not have seen the amount of damage that a pissed off abuser can mete out on their “loved one”. I assure you... it is NOT “100% about control”. Domestic Abuse is an EVIL thing.

I have seen plenty of domestic abuse, but I have seen more where a pissed off wife or girlfriend calls and says there’s abuse and then pinches bruises all over herself as her “ evidence “

There have been ways to separate domestic abusers on the books for a very long time, this 1302 ******** is about control and confiscating guns from gun owners and when hogan signs the “ any interested party “ language back into the law it’s really gonna get messy

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Getting a domestic abuser locked up... is not violating their rights.

Taking a person in for an emergency evaluation after they’ve shown signs of instability... is not violating the person’s rights.

Yes... there are folks who do despicable things and file false reports to police and courts. And they may abuse this law. That is why I hate the law. However, the average LEO is very concerned about what they do with respect to civil rights. And they are NOT interested in violating yours.

Getting a domestic abuser locked up once i
    There’s real evidence he is a domestic abuser is not violating his rights

According to what dan posted so far about 50% of the 1302’s weren’t served so it appears that about half are blatantly ******** in the first month and the 50% that were served there will Be a number that are ********

In America a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, and a 1302 does the opposite, your guilty till proven innocent, you lose your 2 a rights and your firearms, at the very least temporarily but no one knows for sure yet if you ever get your guns back and if returned in what condition, and it is in my eyes an unreasonable search and seizure and steps all over a mans due process

It’s a shit law about control, confiscating guns and removal of legal gun ownership in md and that’s all it’s about

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    So, 114 ERPOs were requested in October and less than 60 were granted. So 60 individuals had their gun temporary siege. So the question should be how many of them, were found to be unstable and met the requirement to permanently forfeit their gun rights?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    "See something, Say something"
    Officer takes info to judge, judge acts accordingly, is this a new process given this new law? sounds like just a marketing scheme to promote turning in people who have firearms.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Officer takes info to judge, judge acts accordingly, is this a new process given this new law? sounds like just a marketing scheme to promote turning in people who have firearms.

So of course someone will try to use it that way. But the requirement is more than mere marketing scheme.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I have seen plenty of domestic abuse, but I have seen more where a pissed off wife or girlfriend calls and says there’s abuse and then pinches bruises all over herself as her “ evidence “

Or when a man gets domestically assaulted and everybody laughs because he's a man, except he can't hit her back because then they'll take the domestic assault seriously at that point.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Or when a man gets domestically assaulted and everybody laughs because he's a man, except he can't hit her back because then they'll take the domestic assault seriously at that point.

Now that's ******** IMO.

All this fair is fair talk these days., Well its funny how fair only applies when its convenient for 1 side of the party.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

An idle thought:

I wonder if The Demanding Moms or Jumping Jenny and her Annapolis Cowgirls are going to 1302 any of us when the law is "strengthened" to include reports from anyone, including your cat?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Getting a domestic abuser locked up once i
    There’s real evidence he is a domestic abuser is not violating his rights

According to what dan posted so far about 50% of the 1302’s weren’t served
    so it appears that about half are blatantly ******** in the first month and the 50% that were served there will Be a number that are ********

In America a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, and a 1302 does the opposite, your guilty till proven innocent, you lose your 2 a rights and your firearms, at the very least temporarily but no one knows for sure yet if you ever get your guns back and if returned in what condition, and it is in my eyes an unreasonable search and seizure and steps all over a mans due process

It’s a shit law about control, confiscating guns and removal of legal gun ownership in md and that’s all it’s about

If the actual numbers are correct... or if they’re not... the first part of that section, in no way causes the second part to be a correct assumption.

Sorry but there is far more information left out than is known. And that which is assumed to be known as correct information at this time... may not be correct.

One can not take a statistic from a barrel of statistics... and base a conclusion on it. It doesn’t work that way.

The denial of the ERPOs could have been for a multitude of legitimate reasons. The same goes for those granted. And without the particulars of each and every case here for us to study... ANY conclusions are going to have a 3% chance of even being close to the truth. Maybe that 3% is enough for some. But... I want the 97% of the information before I will be reasonably sure of what, why, when, where, and how.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So of course someone will try to use it that way. But the requirement is more than mere marketing scheme.
    Not directed to you TD but,
    I may be way off base here but before this red flag law, there was no way for a spouse, close partner, family member, etc to report someone as a danger? What more does this new law do other than ... Firearms!?

I'm curious now, if a person tells authorities they believe their loved one is going to OD on opioids does the .gov do anything? Do they step in and take their drugs to save their life or do they need a new law to save lives in this fashion? My thought is, if they can then this same idea could have been used for weapons?? and before 1302 passed!

Why not an opioids red flag law? because ... firearms! and therefore my "marketing scheme" comment.
    ICBW

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Not directed to you TD but,
    I may be way off base here but before this red flag law, there was no way for a spouse, close partner, family member, etc to report someone as a danger?

There absolutely was.

What more does this new law do other than ... Firearms!?

Nothing. It just makes it easier to take guns away, and specifically guns only. It doesn't cover knives, swords, bows, or any other kind of weapon.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    There absolutely was.

Nothing. It just makes it easier to take guns away, and specifically guns only. It doesn't cover knives, swords, bows, or any other kind of weapon.

So as soon as someone’s guns are arrested and they stab their family members to death or run them over with their car or lawnmower or hang them or drown them do you think the mga will expand this law to arrest people’s knives or cars or ropes or ponds and rivers?

Or is this just about confiscating guns?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So, 114 ERPOs were requested in October and less than 60 were granted. So 60 individuals had their gun temporary siege. So the question should be how many of them, were found to be unstable and met the requirement to permanently forfeit their gun rights?

That's the million dollar question.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    An idle thought:

I wonder if The Demanding Moms or Jumping Jenny and her Annapolis Cowgirls are going to 1302 any of us when the law is "strengthened" to include reports from anyone, including your cat?
    LOL, Jumping Jenny and her Annapolis Cowgirls.

You're killing me here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom