• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Got to play with the Paratrooper model a bit on Friday. I must say it's sweeter than the pictures in person! '!

These really are very well made rifles and you really do have to see one in person to appreciate the Quality. FN definitely doesn't cut corners.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    A friend of mine has a deluxe fn249 that came with 2 barrels. He did a barrel swap to see how well it repeated and it was right on. Not sure If they match the barrels. But I'd like to think they have the setup of there machines as to make them all as close to the same as possible. The guns are extremely well made in and out.

It's hard to believe how short the para unit is when the stock is folded !!! It is also about a pound and a half lighter. Think I'm in Love !!!!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I think it was one of these I saw at the Gettysburg show, and I overheard the vendor telling a prospective buyer that it was not MD legal. He asked why, and the vendor had some circuitous explanation about it being because the belt was disintegrating link that somehow was not legal...but if it was a solid web belt it might have been ok. :confused: He then went on to explain how disintegrating link belts work...I didn't hear anything in the story that applied to MD law as I know it.:sad20:

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    That dealer was clueless. The rifle is 100% Maryland legal. The links are legal too. In my experience, MD dealers are of the general opinion that non-disintegrating belts are a no go. I would avoid that vendor.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    That dealer was clueless. The rifle is 100% Maryland legal. The links are legal too. In my experience, MD dealers are of the general opinion that non-disintegrating belts are a no go. I would avoid that vendor.

I wasn't going to be a buyer...not in the budget...for a long time:sad20: Honestly, it is only because of this thread that I paid any mind to it anyway. :D I did what I thought was the right thing and caught up with the potential buyer and told him that I was pretty sure the vendor was wrong and he should talk to a MD ffl. He agreed that the vendor's rationale didn't make much sense.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Anyone know a source for reasonably priced 200 round belt boxe's? I tried the link a few pages back, but looks like they are gone now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom