• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Anyone know where to find factory Glock night sights? The factory ones are plastic correct? Are they wholesaled anywhere?

I was thinking about picking up Mepro nightsights for my new G19 however if the factor plastic ones can be had and are cheaper I would consider them.

Also anyone in Carroll or northern Baltimore County installed any sights? I read there is a tool for the rear...anyone have it that would be willing to assist with me swapping mine out?

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    You don't need the sight tool to install glock sights. All you need is a dowel, a couple of small blocks of wood and a vise. Use the dowel to tap out/in your sights as the slide is held in the vise and protected by the wood blocks.

As to night sights. I've always wondered what possible use they are. If you can't see your sights, how are you going to identify your target?

-Jim

Last edited:

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    If you are willing to wait you can send your slide to GLOCK and they will install them for $60 I believe. I have the rear tool if you need to borrow it.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I did not realize they were Mepro and thought they were plastic.

Thanks for the offer on the tool but Kent is a hike for me.

I watched that video last night....I figured I'd see if someone local might have the tool or might have done it before.

All of my handguns have night sights. Having shot in low light courses they are invaluable.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The white rings on Trijicons are painted on and can come off while cleaning if you are not careful.

Mepros don't have that issue.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The Glock factory (Mepro) sights are good to go. The finish tends to wear off over time if you carry it a lot, but they are rugged.

I have since swapped out my front sight for a TFO Day/Night sight with the fiber optic in front of the tritium. The dot is slightly bigger than the factory one, and noticeably brighter. Almost like having the green front/yellow rear but they're all green and one is super bright.

I agree with swinokur's statement above though... my night sights are an indicator to me where my pistol is in darkness... as soon as I pick it up the TLR-2 comes on and sights will be ignored.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Didn't glocks have tritium painted night-sights at one time?

You mean luminescent paint? A lot of companies have those for the EU market because many countries have serious restrictions on radioactive materials. Tritium is a gas, and cannot be in a paint. The true Tritium night sights are actually drilled out, and small vials full of the radioactive gas are sealed into the sight body, then capped off with a small crystal or piece of glass to seal the assembly.

I found these AmeriGlo "Luminova" sights. Glock may have contracted them to make some with the Glock name at some point but I'm not sure... http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=24

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have Trijicons on my HK USP 45 and Meps on my Glock. The sight picture on the Trijicons is a little more target friendly if you are shooting small competition type targets. Mainly the front sight on the Trij is a little more narrow. I think the Meps have stayed brighter longer. I use my Glock 19 with the factory Meps to shoot in GSSF matches and they are just fine. I'd buy either if you can find a good deal.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Just got it today.

The magazine release is annoying. I switched it to the other side as the rest of my handguns are set up this way.

However to release the magazine I need to rotate my finger and hit the edge closet to the trigger guard. If I dont hit it just right the mag doesnt drop.

Any aftermarket releases fix this?

glockfather

May 14, 2012
    Odenton, MD
    If you need night sights come to the gun show at MD state fairgrounds this weekend. Precision Shot Group will have factory Glock night sights installed while you wait. We also have the popular tritium filled fiber optic sights, wich we have found to be extremely effective in low light operations. Check us out for all your glock needs factory or custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom