• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    SB1050 hearing tomorrow in Senate JPR starting at 1pm. 13 bills on their schedule for tomorrow.

Last edited:

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Seems like somebody took off the limiter on the Leftists and they are going full throttle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Punish the legal gun owner and not the criminal has been their mantra this legislative session.

Without a doubt. Look at the fines for criminals compared to what they want to push on us. Funny how the Senate does not support mandatory minimums for criminals but they sure do like to sock it to us. This is not even close to fair and balanced.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I read this as only applying to regulated guns (i.e. handguns). So, we can still have boating accidents to make our non-scary long-guns disappear?

Since they are going to ban private transfers and maybe even loans this year, looks like if you want to give away a rifle or loan one to a buddy, the best way would be to "loose" it... set it down and walk away. Low and behold, your friend had a good day and found a scoped hunting rifle just laying in the woods. To return, repeat the process in the opposite direction.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Without a doubt. Look at the fines for criminals compared to what they want to push on us. Funny how the Senate does not support mandatory minimums for criminals but they sure do like to sock it to us. This is not even close to fair and balanced.

The law doesn't even do anything useful except add more legal hazard to lawful firearms ownership.

The way it's written, there won't be many successful prosecutions under it. The clock only starts when you learn the firearm was stolen, so in order to gain a conviction, the State would need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you knew at a specific time and date that the gun had disappeared, and then failed to report that fact by the deadline.

I guess if someone is stupid enough to send out an email to friends, or leave someone a voicemail saying their safe had been broken into, they'd be in trouble. Or if there's a timestamped, recorded video feed of the safe that clearly shows the moment of facepalm, there'd be a problem, too. But other than that, not only is this law malicious towards lawful owners, it's almost worthless as a prosecutorial threat.

Last edited:

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    The law doesn't even do anything useful except add legal more hazard to lawful firearms ownership.

The way it's written, there won't be many successful prosecutions under it. The clock only starts when you learn the firearm was stolen, so in order to gain a conviction, the State would need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you knew at a specific time and date that the gun had disappeared, and then failed to report that fact by the deadline.

I guess if someone is stupid enough to send out an email to friends, or leave someone a voicemail saying their safe had been broken into, they'd be in trouble. Or if there's a timestamped, recorded video feed of the safe that clearly shows the moment of facepalm, there'd be a problem, too. But other than that, not only is this law malicious towards lawful owners, it's almost worthless as a prosecutorial threat.

I had a hard time seeing how these could possibly be enforced as well.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    They started celebrating their education blueprint bill and are having a group hug with photos. They cut the video feed without a motion to recess or adjourn, so only they (and twitter/facebook) know what's going on. I would like to be there with boots on the ground en masse. Doesn't look like that can or will happen this year.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    So, I assume everyone contacted their State Senators and Representatives? I understand that it may be like talking to a telephone poll however, if you did not do the minimum you have not reason to complain. The alternative looks pretty good, move away from liberal land. The State is a financial mess and will continue to be so. Businesses are leaving monthly. That would be my suggestion. I think Tennessee and Texas would be very good alternatives.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    So, I assume everyone contacted their State Senators and Representatives? I understand that it may be like talking to a telephone poll however, if you did not do the minimum you have not reason to complain. The alternative looks pretty good, move away from liberal land. The State is a financial mess and will continue to be so. Businesses are leaving monthly. That would be my suggestion. I think Tennessee and Texas would be very good alternatives.

Your words ring truer every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    This is really starting to make my blood boil. There is not a damned thing any of us can do about this tyranny!!

I am both enraged and at peace with it. Am angered that the system I believed it has become so corrupt and antithetical to the framework of Liberty that I thought we all believed in... yet, I am strangely calm about it as I have already determined that I just don't care. I will continue to live my life and if I violate this law in the future, it has no significance to me any longer. If someone is know to me and we want to do personal business, that shall continue to occur.

The efforts of Annapolis to stifle my inalienable rights have become as insignificant to me as the actions of the bylaws committee of the East Timor Square Dancing Association. Nothing they do really matters to me. Way to turn an upstanding and law-abiding citizen into a renegade, MGA. Well done.

I am free and I will die free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom