• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I have an oxygen and an acetylene tank free for the taking. I prefer you take both. They are out of test. The oxygen tank is clearly marked “customer owned” the acetylene tank does not specify.

Attachments

• 50EFAC9A-FEB9-4BE2-A2D7-53AD1797D8F8.jpg
      50EFAC9A-FEB9-4BE2-A2D7-53AD1797D8F8.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 654
    • B968885F-1AC3-4DB0-A3B1-BC9DB91FDC9E.jpg
      B968885F-1AC3-4DB0-A3B1-BC9DB91FDC9E.jpg
      70.2 KB · Views: 709

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I so bad want to make a wind chime or gong out of one of them , don't have any time to do so .

I cut an old Oxy tank in half to make a gong. I managed to hang it temporarily just to see how it would ring. It sounded really cool...and then I never did anything else with it:o

Because...you know...time:rolleyes:

Supposedly you can also make bowling ball mortars out of them...:innocent0

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I cut an old Oxy tank in half to make a gong. I managed to hang it temporarily just to see how it would ring. It sounded really cool...and then I never did anything else with it:o

Because...you know...time:rolleyes:

Supposedly you can also make bowling ball mortars out of them...:innocent0

I know nothing I see nothing ...Sgt. Shultz ;)

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Oxygen tank would make one helluva extended session SCUBA tank.

:D

I kid. I kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not really that far off. The popularity of "technical diving" has really gotten popular, multiple tanks, different mixtures, and modern advances in dive computers that monitor and calculate ratios and decompression timing/stops all that real time as you dive. Lots of peeps delving into a new realm of underwater diving compared to years ago

I'm just a measly open water single air tank recreational diver

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    You're not really that far off. The popularity of "technical diving" has really gotten popular, multiple tanks, different mixtures, and modern advances in dive computers that monitor and calculate ratios and decompression timing/stops all that real time as you dive. Lots of peeps delving into a new realm of underwater diving compared to years ago

I'm just a measly open water single air tank recreational diver

My youngest son is an open water diver. (Recreational.)
    The Dads at the Boy Scout Troop were going to get certified too, but, I had a bout of upper respiratory infection at the time, and couldn't participate.

Always wanted to learn and get certification.

I remember seeing one of the "Sea Hunt" episodes, (decades ago!), where Steve Nelson (Lloyd Bridges) used an oxygen tank and a rubber hose, to bring a trapped worker 'up' from an underwater cave.

Saw it again, not too long ago, on Hulu.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I know it sure is different from when I was using twin US Divers 50's and a duel hose system. :D

My twin tanks were repurposed CO2 fire extinguishers and all the straps were double "D" rings. I still have it and a double hose regulator.

If you get in a fight underwater with Mike Nelson you are going to need a new exhaust hose.:D

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    They do make great gongs, better if you get them powder coated!

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
      Finished.jpg
      115.1 KB · Views: 185
    DCS (the Bends) cost me my shoulder.

Likely cause of my avascular necrosis which cost me my hips.
    126' up to ~80' and then a huge lobster came out from a coral head. My half narced ass went back down. I realized I screwed up and sat at 15' until my tank was so empty it lifted me to the surface. I was itchy, but nothing "significant". I later learned the itch was probably my capillaries popping.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    That would be awesome to do the wind chimes...

I had done some sleuthing on the topic. A very well organized website, including the calculations, physics of it all. Need to find it...

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    Likely cause of my avascular necrosis which cost me my hips.
    126' up to ~80' and then a huge lobster came out from a coral head. My half narced ass went back down. I realized I screwed up and sat at 15' until my tank was so empty it lifted me to the surface. I was itchy, but nothing "significant". I later learned the itch was probably my capillaries popping.

Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom