• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gc27

Aug 5, 2014
    Calvert County
    Anyone have any recommendations on good gun shops in or around Prince Fredrick? Mainly concerned with selection and quality of service.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    over by the beach, chuck early from freestate militia firearms does transfers from his house and sometimes has some stock. he is a good guy.

as for brick and mortar stores you are sol in pf. take a ride to callaway to bobs sunoco and you will be good to go. my favorite spot.

gc27

Aug 5, 2014
    Calvert County
    over by the beach, chuck early from freestate militia firearms does transfers from his house and sometimes has some stock. he is a good guy.

as for brick and mortar stores you are sol in pf. take a ride to callaway to bobs sunoco and you will be good to go. my favorite spot.

Thanks my man

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I have had good results shopping at Bob's in Calloway. if they don't have it in stock, they have ordered it for me. Not long ago I had a real want for a Ruger American bolt action .22WMR Compact. I wish I could remember her name but the nice young woman behind the counter ordered it for me and I had my paws on it in three days time.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert

I second this

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Bob's has a pretty good selection of guns. What are you looking for? I was just in there last week . Kimbers glocks and all kinds of stuff.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Another vote for Bob's. Three of the collection have come from 'the sunoco station' and for good reason. Do I feel he has the absolute best rock bottom price, not usually but the 'extra's' more than makeup for it IMO. I stopped there a few weeks ago asking about a 10-22 and they only had a takedown which i have no interest in. The gal behind the counter said 'well let me order a couple more of the regular ones so I have a couple here to show' just like that. He will also sell heavy barreled AR's without any of the BS that other FFL's in the area are standing on. Cromwells is also another excellent place but a little more conservative on selling certain firearms that some may think are illegal at present. His hours are also a little more of an issue unless your already in the area during the day because it is out of his garage.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Good assessment. My experience has been that if Bob's doesn't have it, they'll find it for you. The prices may not be the very best you'll find, but they're close enough that the excellent service more than makes up for it. If you're a regular customer, they'll also hold "scarce" ammo types for you whenever they get some in. :)

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    This comes under the "your milage may vary" category...

Bob's is a small cramped room in the back of a gas station. It could be bad timing, sun spots, whatever, but all three times I went there, I walked away less than pleased. They have a fan base in these forums for some reason, so I will most likely try them again.

Another option, is the Tacklebox in Lexington Park. They have a good selection, but can be a little pricey. I have purchased two handguns from Tacklebox in part because of how well I was treated. Only two guns, but I would imagine the fishing and archery gear I have bought from there can be measured in the tons.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Small cramped room at Bob's? You should drop by and check out the addition they put on the building. ;)

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    Thanks, I will make it a point to go see the new digs, I haven't been there since last fall. The last time I was there, one had to go through the gas station to a back room. The room only had four isles, each about 10 feet long with the guns against the back wall.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    They've got a lot more room for guns now. The old "catch-all" room that had everything packed into it is now just for wine and liquor. They hadn't quite finished getting everything organized in the new addition the last time I was down there, but it gives them a lot more room to display stock.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Sadly I have been in Southern Maryland since 1992 (when the Forrestal and my squadron, VS-28 were decommed), I have yet to buy even one gun from the Tackle Box. Seems every time I go in there, they have smart ass, low informed bubbas behind the counter. I have only been helped by one man who knew anything about firearms, that being an older, tall slim gentleman. Always nice, always helpful. The rest, I consider pretty much dangerous handling firearms. I have had guns pointed at me on to many occasions when the help was demonstrating their vast knowledge of firearms(meaning they hadn't a clue what they were doing). If you decide to look at a gun or want to buy from them, please for your own good look for that older man. You won't regret it. Me, I much rather deal with the folks at Bob's. It ain't Cabellas, but it is the closet the poor fools that call Southern Maryland home have. Why do we live here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom