• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronniep1911

Jul 4, 2014
    Hey fellas I am new to the group. And I have a interesting situation on my hands. Last month. I applied for my HQL. Went through the class, fingerprints, and application. I was approved for my HQL. Went in to purchase my first fire arm. And I was denied because of a 2nd assault that happened when I was 16. I am now 25. Haven't had anything happen since. I talked to a trooper about the situation. He told me to get it expunged and they will resubmit the paper work but from I gathered from a bunch of feeds here. It's hard to get a juvenile record expunged and I think I read in this forum, that after Oct1 2013 anyone with an expunged record still will not be able to own a fire arm until the age of 30. Could some one please help me with some clarification before I go to my lawyer. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Welcome to MDShooters.

A lawyer is the person you need to talk to for clarification. :thumbsup:

Make sure it's one that is familiar with the new firearms laws.

Ronniep1911

Jul 4, 2014
    1 thread + 1 thread = 3 threads on the same issue

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3277266
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=124574

You were given an answer and I'll go a step further and tell you to buy a crossbow and wait until you're 30. You're boned until then.

Man I'm only asking because I saw someone else's thread. And they were cleared. Id assume from what I read. If y'all read my post. I stated that I've already talked to people from this forum regarding my issues.

Ronniep1911

Jul 4, 2014
    Welcome to MDShooters.

A lawyer is the person you need to talk to for clarification. :thumbsup:

Make sure it's one that is familiar with the new firearms laws.

Thank you. That's what exactly going to do.

Ronniep1911

Jul 4, 2014
    50 posts to get into the "Water Cooler."

Oh nope. I just had multiple questions. Because it is utterly frustrating. And I saw some one that was remanded to juvenile system and he was able to get it expunged same charge. And mines was charged as a juvenile. Just figure out what's the difference

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    More than likely you will be waiting until you are 30. I would still consult a lawyer though. Most lawyers will at least give you a free consultation. Just have all your information with you on hand and out of professional courtesy be prepared for the consultation. Also, look like you're professional and you will be treated as one. Go to the lawyer looking like a thug and expect to be treated as such, just sayin'.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Ronniep1911

Jul 4, 2014
    More than likely you will be waiting until you are 30. I would still consult a lawyer though. Most lawyers will at least give you a free consultation. Just have all your information with you on hand and out of professional courtesy be prepared for the consultation. Also, look like you're professional and you will be treated as one. Go to the lawyer looking like a thug and expect to be treated as such, just sayin'.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks man.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You could ask 3 different questions in 1 post under 1 thread. It's ok.
    You have gotten the same answer every time from each post. Man.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Move away from Maryland - problem solved. Actually, it would probably solve a lot of other issues as well - I hate this freaking state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom