• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Finally got around to looking at the DINO ballot and I see that either Collins or Murphy are gonna be council president - what do ya do with that?
    Are any of the commissioner candidates worth worth voting for?

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I'm voting with Collins. I dislike him, but I can't stand Murphy. If you've ever met with Murphy, you'd understand why.

I'm glad you started this thread. We need to band together and figure this thing out if we are to have any impact in our county. Does anybody have any input?

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I can tell you that I absolutely will be voting for CT Wilson. That man has, on multiple occasions, sat down with me and we've talked through issues, once for over 45 minutes (try doing that with Murphy or Jameson, or even Candice Quinn Kelly). I don't always agree with him but he's one of the better 2A candidates that Charles County has. Former prosecuting attorney so he's also anti-criminal.

Pro-2A and anti-criminal, means he gets my vote.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I'm going to list my votes with my reasoning. Let's feel free to talk it out.

Legislative: John Coller: This may change. I do not know this guy but his page Q&A (yes I know it is scripted answers) seems to be decent. I plan on calling his office this week.

Sally Jameson: She is neither a pro nor a con. She votes the machine unless she gets enough pressure in the opposite direction.

CT Wilson: Outlined above.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Agree on Collins because yea....I had several talks with Murphy this summer before he gave us a shot of gay love. Also totally agree on C.T. - for those who don't know, he's a straight up guy. Wilson and Jameson are the only ones I can see so far that are worth a vote. As a note, if you only vote for two delegates it actually works out in your candidates favor. Picking a third lessens the chances of your first two picks getting elected. I heard the dragon lady (Candice) was asking her supporters to vote only for her.
    With Mac and Steny running unopposed I'm really interested in the county and gubernatorial races.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Agree on Collins because yea....I had several talks with Murphy this summer before he gave us a shot of gay love. Also totally agree on C.T. - for those who don't know, he's a straight up guy. Wilson and Jameson are the only ones I can see so far that are worth a vote. As a note, if you only vote for two delegates it actually works out in your candidates favor. Picking a third lessens the chances of your first two picks getting elected. I heard the dragon lady (Candice) was asking her supporters to vote only for her.
    With Mac and Steny running unopposed I'm really interested in the county and gubernatorial races.

Collins, really? He gets a DUI and apologizes so now all is forgiven?

C.T. is also pro-growth. He wants to see more 7-11's and rooftops.

Sally is a twit that has done nothing favorable for anyone in the gun world.

Kelly is another pro-growth, line her pockets person.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Nice constructive post nutz.

So who would you vote for in the democratic primary? Since that's what we are talking about, the DEMOCRATIC primary. That's why we (DINO's) switched from republican to democrat this year, in order to make our votes actually count in the primaries.

And to be honest with you, I don't give a damn about pro-growth, pro-money or any other issue that's out there right now. I want my rights back, mainly my gun rights. There will never be a candidate that completely matches my ideals so I have to pick one issue to vote on, and I'm voting gun rights.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Nice constructive post nutz.

So who would you vote for in the democratic primary? Since that's what we are talking about, the DEMOCRATIC primary. That's why we (DINO's) switched from republican to democrat this year, in order to make our votes actually count in the primaries.

And to be honest with you, I don't give a damn about pro-growth, pro-money or any other issue that's out there right now. I want my rights back, mainly my gun rights. There will never be a candidate that completely matches my ideals so I have to pick one issue to vote on, and I'm voting gun rights.

How about 0 votes for any of them? None of them are worth a damn (R or D). What would then happen?

Picking the lesser of two evils has not helped the local or national political scene.

sgar2600

Mar 27, 2013
    How about 0 votes for any of them? None of them are worth a damn (R or D). What would then happen?

Picking the lesser of two evils has not helped the local or national political scene.

So instead if choosing someone who you agree with 60 percent of the time you would rather stand idlely by and have no voice. Isn't that how we got in the situation we are in now, not enough people caring at all about who's in charge.

I don't agree 100 percent with anyone out there either. But some of the candidates out there are decent.

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about who wins.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I joined the Democratic party in MD to do as much damage as possible to their anti-constitutional, politically correct agenda and hopefully select the the least damaging candidates for the general election. I'm not looking to argue about who's better than who - just looking for constructive info on who to pick and why. I've already laid out my personal strategy for state level reps. The county commissioner candidates have me stumped. Of those I know, none are worth a vote. If it helps the cause I'll hold my nose and vote for Collins rather than do nothing. Are there any other candidates that are even worth looking at?

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I joined the Democratic party in MD to do as much damage as possible to their anti-constitutional, politically correct agenda and hopefully select the the least damaging candidates for the general election. I'm not looking to argue about who's better than who - just looking for constructive info on who to pick and why. I've already laid out my personal strategy for state level reps. The county commissioner candidates have me stumped. Of those I know, none are worth a vote. If it helps the cause I'll hold my nose and vote for Collins rather than do nothing. Are there any other candidates that are even worth looking at?
    THIS!
    My vote for Collins will be more about a vote against Murphy. Murphy lied to us in the struggle over 281, said he was with us, voted time and again for the bill in committee, and then voted against it in full assembly once leadership allowed him to. (Certainly can't have the "hicks" back home thinking he's anti- 2A) The info posted about minimizing votes is interesting, my first choice being CT Wilson. Perhaps a second for Jameson with fingers applied to the nose. No vote for Kelly, as she is trying to play musical chairs with Murphy. As far as the rest of the commissioners, I say replace them all if we can, this place is out of control... I really haven't been able to find much info on most of the candidates, I suppose you must be in some clique to be in the know.
    We will certainly not sweep this election clean, but if we can affect one or two good outcomes it will be a success that can be built upon. My view is, we can either go around being angry and negative, or we can work to make small changes that may in fact lead to a better county and a better state.
    Please keep any info coming- there is less than 30 days to primary day.

gatopolis11

Dec 20, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    I can tell you that I absolutely will be voting for CT Wilson. That man has, on multiple occasions, sat down with me and we've talked through issues, once for over 45 minutes (try doing that with Murphy or Jameson, or even Candice Quinn Kelly). I don't always agree with him but he's one of the better 2A candidates that Charles County has. Former prosecuting attorney so he's also anti-criminal.

Pro-2A and anti-criminal, means he gets my vote.
    Agreed

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    My take

Murphy, co-sponsored the House gun bill and then gave a son and dance when I talked to him about not likeing the final bill so he voted against it. Funny, the bill he co-sponsored was much tougher than what was passed. He also gave us the rain tax, the gay marraige, the gas tax, etc. Oh and the 5 Million he siad we were going to get for the light-rail study seems to have dried up.

Kelly, what can you say. She writes a letter on County letterhead and says the lady that hit a guy and killed him should get off easy. She statred that last time they needed to raise taxes, she saw nothing wrong with raising them the max. We want her in the State house?

Davis, Collins and Rucci, they are the puppets of the developers. How much more growth can the count take without a total collapse of the infrastructure? Oh and they are also for the Home Rule change, that if adopted might mean that they get to select the Police Chief (Sheriff would still be elected but not the leading law enforcement in the county) and the Head of the Board of Education. A way to get more of thier chronies into office and on the payroll. Get rid of them all.

Robinson can't say much about him.

The gang of five have made Charles county look like a laughing stock with their antics, name calling and doing things behind everyone's back.

The switch between Murphy and Kelly is a shame. We can't get anyone else to step up and lead?

Sorry just my take on the whole thing.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Murphy lied to us in the struggle over 281, said he was with us, voted time and again for the bill in committee, and then voted against it in full assembly once leadership allowed him to. (Certainly can't have the "hicks" back home thinking he's anti- 2A).

There are a lot of local representatives who try to play this game. District 29B in southern St. Mary's county is another place where this happened.:sad20:

It should be our goal to educate our fellow voters about this game. We are no longer the gullible southern Maryland "hicks" who fall for this sort of thing again and again. Nowadays we are smart enough to see through this facade - I hope.:fingerscrossed:

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Last summer people were so pissed there was talk of a revolution. Now we're a few weeks from the primary and only a handful that are willing to collude for change. It doesn't take many people to make if a difference IF we have an effective strategy. Who to vote for / who not to vote for in the primary is the setup for the general election. What if Kelly replaces Wilson and Brown becomes gov? Wanna bet that the SP will come looking for your guns? We put up a good ruckus last summer but they had us out maneuvered from the start. We can't fight the SP. This - NOW - is when we win or lose the next round. PLEASE encourage others to get involved.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I sorry to say I have to go with Murphy, I met Collins and I can't stand him, total waste of space and air, after hearing him speak at an event saying he wasn't sure why he was there ? That sealed the deal, my wife and I refuse to give him our vote.:envy:

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    How about a different angle.....Murphy is sure to win in the general election. Collins is more vulnerable. If we can't get a decent Dem maybe we help the GOP pick off a stray.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I heard that Kelly as an appointed county commissioner(not elected) had to be told in writing by the county attorney that she could no longer vote on issues that were related to development involving her husband's employer who is the biggest developer in the county.
    She also has a propensity to threaten lawsuits to shut people up.
    There have been issues with what some people call very questionable ethics involving her owning a real estate management company and controlling HOA elections to her benefit financially. (more lawsuits)
    She also has very close ties to Peter Murphy and very deep pockets.
    Just saying. Just my opinion.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I sorry to say I have to go with Murphy, I met Collins and I can't stand him, total waste of space and air, after hearing him speak at an event saying he wasn't sure why he was there ? That sealed the deal, my wife and I refuse to give him our vote.:envy:
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Murphy was a player in helping to pass SB 281- Do you understand that? He had opportunities to help in committee, and he helped the Antis. Are you going to vote 2A, or are you going to vote for someone because you think he's intelligent? Isn't that how our current president got elected?
    If we as DINO's can't agree to do everything in our power to get rid of Murphy, then let's just go set up a big circular firing squad for goodness sake!
    You can go with the smart guy, I choose to vote for LIBERTY, and I pray enough people have the sense to do the same. Thank you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom